Holding Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Fee

In 2014 I have now started a $25.00/weekly holding fee. I have a daycare Mom that is due in June. She wants me just to hold the spot (not pay) or if she backs out to pay $500.00. I have had several issues with holding spots and turning people down and then people back out.
    The DCM is upset because she will be paying 600.00 for a spot before she is able to ever use it. However, she has already changed her DCB from 2 days a week to 1 day a week and every other Tue. I see her problem as a Mom, but she is unwilling to see my view as a provider. How do other providers handle this situation?

Tbh, I'd probably have to think very carefully about holding an infant spot for half a year. If I did do it I'd probably charge whatever my full time rate is. In my area, infant spots are VERY hard to come by. An infant spot gets filled quickly here so I wouldn't hold one for anything but full time payment.
    Last edited by craftymissbeth; 01-22-2014, 08:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I would love to hear how others do this as well ....

For I have agreed myself to hold spots for returning clients that after a years time they back out.... and in the mean time I would have turned down so many other possible clients.... and lose a whole years worth of pay.....

SOOO would love to have advice from others......

Comment

Working...
      X