Question about millage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about millage

I do daycare for 6 children. On days when I pick my son up from high school, I usually have 4 children, the other 2 are in school. I own a neon and a
    Chevy Tahoe. When no children are present I can drive my neon, which is so much cheaper on gas. The high school is a couple miles away. When I have the 4 children with me, I have to drive my tahoe because the neon is too small. Can I count the miles I drive to and from high school using my tahoe when doing my taxes this yr.

You may want to post this in Daycare and Taxes for a better answer.

I personally would think No since you are not picking up daycare kids at the high school. :confused:
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

No. You can only deduct the mileage for trips that are mainly for daycare purposes. Since you are picking your own child up from the high school then it doesn't count even if you have the daycare kids with you.

Another point too: if you are claiming the mileage then you'll be using the standard mileage rate which is the same for everyone regardless of what car we drive so either way it wouldn't make a difference.

If you were using the actual cost method you still wouldn't be able to claim the trips to the high school though.

Comment

Thanks, I was trying to post this under daycare and taxes but I was not sure how to do that. The only thing I saw, at the top of this page, New Posts, so I clicked on that.
        I do actual mileage when doing my taxes.
        Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X