New to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum

Hi, this is my first time ever posting to a forum! There is so much information and I thank everyone in advance! I am looking into working in a daycare and have some questions!

Sunny:hug:

Washington state/daycare lunch delivery

Hi, I'm looking into working in a daycare center that holds around 60 kids, they do not have a kitchen, so parents have to pack lunches everyday,I was wondering if anyone knows anything about lunch deliveries or maybe a program where the parents could order from a menu online?

Thank you

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Menu online? Do you mean ordering inline?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thank you! And yes either online or any other suggestions, I've heard this is possible but my search only came up with a couple other states that offer this.

Comment

It would seem to be a service that would be appealing limited in its scope as a profitable business.

I spoke with someone that did this in Spain, I believe, and it was a lunchbox type of service where parents could go online and choose the meal from a menu and the service would provide/deliver the food to the school at lunchtime. I think he said he had 600 families sign up but the money was not there for him. When he started approaching large companies to advertise on the containers or bags, his profit went through the roof.

I would imagine in America there would be too many regulations to make this possible. Possibly a diner or restaurant could provide the service but I would imagine that would be too expensive for the daycare setting.

Would like to hear if anyone has seen a service like this. I would have to be in a larger city to get enough clients to make it profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              It would seem to be a service that would be appealing limited in its scope as a profitable business.

I spoke with someone that did this in Spain, I believe, and it was a lunchbox type of service where parents could go online and choose the meal from a menu and the service would provide/deliver the food to the school at lunchtime. I think he said he had 600 families sign up but the money was not there for him. When he started approaching large companies to advertise on the containers or bags, his profit went through the roof.

I would imagine in America there would be too many regulations to make this possible. Possibly a diner or restaurant could provide the service but I would imagine that would be too expensive for the daycare setting.

Would like to hear if anyone has seen a service like this. I would have to be in a larger city to get enough clients to make it profitable.
              Ok, great! Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
              X