Twin Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Advice

I have a parent who wanted two infant spaces but I only had one. She decided to go with a center that had two spaces for her twins. Well one of the kiddos that was leaving decided not to so they only have 1 space. She decided to put one here and one at the center. This morning she called to express concern that one baby would be getting the short end of the stick in he opinion if they went to the center.

She wants to go one week on one week off with them here and at the center.

I expressed a lot of concern about them adapting and getting a schedule and told her I doubt the center will go for it. She said she would think about it.

So... what's your opinion on this?

I personally would not do that. I believe that babies need stability and consistent people in their lives. Maybe if they were older I would, but not babies.

Comment

While definitely not ideal I think it could work. I've had families that I couldn't fit full time come to me 2 days and another dc home the other 3 days. It worked out well but the child was very adaptable.
      I'd probably be willing to give it a try with the very clear understanding that if YOU feel it isn't working they would be willing to stop doing it.

Comment

Can you not apply for a variance to accommodate both twins?

You may double your annual inspections but the longterm reward would be worth it.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

No I cannot do a variance because they are 4mo and my other infant is 5mo. No walking equals no exceptions.

I told her to think about it and I was willing to give it a try but I would let her know if it wasn't working and couldn't continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ihop View Post
            No I cannot do a variance because they are 4mo and my other infant is 5mo. No walking equals no exceptions.

I told her to think about it and I was willing to give it a try but I would let her know if it wasn't working and couldn't continue.
            That sounds awfully tough for those poor little twins to adapt or adjust to since kids thrive on routine and consistency. Moving back and forth between two different caregivers/environments is just asking for it IMHO.

If anything I would consider having each child in a pattern like this:

Week #1
            Twin A Monday, Wednesday, Friday
            Twin B Tuesday, Thursday

Week #2
            Twin A Tuesday, Thursday
            Twin B Monday, Wednesday, Friday

That may work a bit better since you would be actually seeing and interacting with BOTH children on a weekly basis verses every other week.

Overall, the whole situation sounds tough but alternating days but still attending each week is the least amount of disruption for everyone.

Comment

And two very different environments at that.
              And if you feel one twin is getting the "short end of the stick" anywhere, why would that even be an option?
              I wonder if a nanny wouldn't work better until they are a year or so.

Comment

Also should they pay 2 of rates or 1 ft infant rate

Comment

Originally posted by ihop View Post
                  Also should they pay 2 of rates or 1 ft infant rate
                  NO matter a family's enrollment/attendance situation, ALWAYS treat each child as an individual and bill accordingly.

Have separate forms and bills for BOTH children.

Parents can write one check but keep attendance and billing individualized.

Comment

Working...
                  X