New Family Termed on Me (vent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Family Termed on Me (vent)

I started out with a new family this month, a cousin of mine had provided sevices to them and said some great things about them.she closed her daycare down,and gave them my contact info.
    so the mom just had a baby and was bringing her 3yr old here for like 2-3times a week, today she calls me telling me he will no longer be coming here. I'm mad because I have been in this business for like 6yrs and I did require her to pay me a 25% holding fee for the spot of her new baby, it was due today I should have chargered her up front. Stupid me. I won't ever take another family members recommended family's.
    Now I have to start looking to fill my stops. Lesson learned.

Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation
      Thank you, I am thankful to have found this site

Comment

moms often decide not to go back to work after 2nd is born . She was wise not to pay a deposit if she was not going back.
        It:: will wait

Comment

Sorry you are going through this. I also just got a 2 week notice for a 2 child family that has been with me for 2 years. They basically did it before I could, though, as I was going to term them as soon as I found a replacement family.

Don't you hate it when you just feel 'screwed over' by people. It hurts my soul and makes me not trust anyone. I don't want to be like that, but my daycare parents are driving me to it.

Try to have a nice Holiday anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
            moms often decide not to go back to work after 2nd is born . She was wise not to pay a deposit if she was not going back.
            see thats the problem she said she was in agreement with the deposit, and I trusted her to pay it since my cousin said that parent always paid and was good about paying on time. i had given her the agreemnent form to sign but she never signed it and whats worse is that I had just started caring for her kid the begining of this month oh well i am glad she left, something about her made me a bit uncomfortable and i didn't want to care for a new born either too much work.

Comment

Originally posted by hgonzalez View Post

Sorry you are going through this. I also just got a 2 week notice for a 2 child family that has been with me for 2 years. They basically did it before I could, though, as I was going to term them as soon as I found a replacement family.

Don't you hate it when you just feel 'screwed over' by people. It hurts my soul and makes me not trust anyone. I don't want to be like that, but my daycare parents are driving me to it.

Try to have a nice Holiday anyway!
              Thank youit makes me feel better that there are others who understand what I went thru.

Comment

Working...
              X