Parent now a PITA please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent now a PITA please help!!!

I have been a provider for a year now. I have 6 kids. One dcb is 9 months old, I have cared for him since he was a 6 weeks old. Dcb is a sweet baby, no complaints there. DcM was nice to work with, in the beginning...she is now officially a PITA!!
    What has happened in the last couple months?
    1. DCM txt in the middle of the afternoon to say she had to work late, is it ok to pick up hour late. I said yes, trying to be nice. It was the first time, it became a habit. I put my foot down. DCM copped attitude. But then agreed.
    2. DCB had diarrhea, DCM mad I wont take him.
    3. DCM has snarky attitude when DCB gets sick and she has to pay for that day, its in policy.
    4.DCM seriously b**chd to me when SHE picked him up 4 hours early. She claims she was embarrassed at doctors he had a bm and she had no diapers. She apparantly believes DCB had bm with me & I sent him dirty. Nooo!! & if I somehow did how did you not notice until @ the Doctors?
    5. BIG PROBLEM: Searching craigslist I find an ad by DCM searching for chilcare in my area. How am I sure its her: the ad is the exact same I responded to to get this client. It now has edit: Must be flexible if I have to work late, Must change dirty diapers and be patient.

How if it all should I react?

Some parents behave badly when met with a NO. They are the exception to every rule in their world. IMHO, She is one of them.

You know she is looking for other care and plans to leave, so you may want to review the subject of giving proper written notice and payment in advance.

It is very possible this type of parent will try to short you last weeks/months pay, then make a false claim when you try to collect, IMHO.

My advice: Make sure you have all your ducks in a row for an insection, give your CCR&R a heads up phone call, have her serve out her notice and then be glad she is gone. There are many great families out there.

You also have the option of a preemptive termination, but IME that may end even worse as she is already making false claims.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

My first thought was "can her".

However, I think you should just act as if nothing has changed. She will probably give you notice expecting you to be surprised/upset/offended etc. and feeling like she has the upper hand and is teaching you a lesson.

Just smile a big grin and say "No problem! I have a waiting list!" as if you couldn't care less.

It'll drive her nuts.....

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
        My first thought was "can her".

However, I think you should just act as if nothing has changed. She will probably give you notice expecting you to be surprised/upset/offended etc. and feeling like she has the upper hand and is teaching you a lesson.

Just smile a big grin and say "No problem! I have a waiting list!" as if you couldn't care less.

It'll drive her nuts.....
        I totally agree with this! It will totally drive her crazy!::

Comment

Line up a new family now, and be happy knowing that she will probably be wishing for you back in a few months.

Comment

Working...
          X