Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, my name is Jake. Yes, I'm a guy. I've been helping my wife with our home daycare for 2 years+. We have 9 kids total - some part time. My wIfe is GREAT at this, I do love our kids, they're great - but sometimes the parents drives me nuts! Nice people for sure, but after a long 10 hour day, they want to stay and play with their kids, and stay some more. Not all of them, but a couple of them let their kids run wild through the house. I do know that kids act way differently when their parents arrive, but sheeesh! I don't want to be the grumpo to tell them to contain their kids at least a bit. They are greAt when the parents are gone, but when they arrive at 5.30, they kick, scream, throw fits, slug their parents, etc. what's up with that?! My wife and I have 2 kids, 6 & 2 and they see how some of our daycare kids act, and once in a while my 2 year old trys it out. It does work for them, she goes right into our time out corner. Anyway, is this normal? I am current looking for steady work again as a graphic designer, my real background. Anyway thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum Jake! Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now

Yes, parents lingering at drop off and pick up is completely normal. Some providers love it and others despise it. I guess it is all in how you run your business....kwim?

I prefer parents make drop offs and pick ups quick because of how the kids behave and a few other reasons but mostly kid behavior and lack of parental authority so I put it in my contract that pick ups/drops offs need to be quick.

I know some providers will bill the parent until they leave so that might be an option for you too if you bill hourly or in a way that concept would work. For example, if your child is scheduled to be picked up at 4 and the parent stays until 4:45 playing, then they get charged a late fee or for another hour of care since they were technically still on site. HTH.

Comment

Working...
    X