Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi... :) I'm New To This Site & Need Advice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi... :) I'm New To This Site & Need Advice!!

Hi everyone! I am new to this site but been doing daycare for about 3 years now. I love being able to spend my days at home watching my son and 4 other children! It's like having a "built-in" family!!

I cannot wait to start using this site for input, ideas, advice, etc. for my daycare!

Ok, so for the advice part..

I have 2 children that are completely out of control, rude, won't listen/follow directions, and throw tantrums on a daily basis. I am trying to work with them and have been since Nov 2011. Nothing I do seems to work. I've contacted the parents and "talked" with them multiple times, send letters home, etc.... but nothing hsa been done/changed. I am drafting a letter for the parents (as I type this!) and basically going to say that the behaviors need to change or she will have to find another daycare provider. This is like strike 3 for her / her children. Of course there is more to the story that I would like to type here (divorce, fighting over the kids etc.. ALL on her side..) I feel so horrible for having to do this, but I also need to keep my other kids well-being in mind too. (The other kids are starting to pick up these bad behaviors....their parents are starting to complain ... I am afraid they will take their kids out of the daycare!) So, any advice on how to help this family "change" or how I should go about "letting them go" would be VERY much appreciated..
    (sorry so long!!!)

Thanx!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now

Comment

6colleen

I had a similar situation with a dcb. Tantrums, aggressive behavior towards others, high pitched screaming when disciplined. Talked to mom several times about his behaviors and she always acted so shocked, and denied any problems with him! Finally after several mornings waking up dreading my job, I decided to term. OMG, since he has been gone it's been night and day around here. Think of what's best for your group and you.

Comment

Originally posted by 6colleen View Post
        I had a similar situation with a dcb. Tantrums, aggressive behavior towards others, high pitched screaming when disciplined. Talked to mom several times about his behaviors and she always acted so shocked, and denied any problems with him! Finally after several mornings waking up dreading my job, I decided to term. OMG, since he has been gone it's been night and day around here. Think of what's best for your group and you.
        Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum colleen! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Comment

Working...
        X