Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in New York, 1 Question

Hello everyone!

Me and my fiance are in the process of starting an in-home daycare. She has completed all of the state cert. requirements. Pending our physicals and on-site inspections we should be good to go! The reason for this post is to introduce ourselves but also to inquire about how many of you obtained accounts/children. We have ads on craigslist, flyers and a sign soon to be outside our house. We have been advertising for about a month but not even one response. We're just looking for some input on the mediums that people are successfully using for getting initial accounts. Reading through a lot of the posts on here, we're very excited to see a lot of people are in the same boat as us. This site looks to be a lifesaver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nick/Mindy

Welcome!

There are several members on the board from New York, I am sure they can help you out with any state specific questions you have.

Comment

Welcome!!

The absolute BEST advertising for a start up is word of mouth. Send out emails to your friends, acquaintances, former colleagues, neighbors and family asking them to start spreading the word....
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Yea that's a good idea. We're on 'care.com' as well. Anyone have any luck with that?

Comment

That's definitely good advice. I sure appreciate it. Are there any other tips you could give us once we're up and running? Any good management software or anything like that?

Comment

Welcome!

NY here too!!!!

Like Catherder said...word of mouth is best. I talk talk talk to everyone that will listen....the guy pumping gas behind me at the gas station, the people running the register at our local store, the other people waiting in the Dr's office, you name it....

Hang up fliers anywhere and everywhare you can think of.

Get business cards and hand them out when your chatting with people.

I had signs made for my van/car with my daycare name, number, and website.

Facebook works wonders for me. I have a page for the daycare, and every so often, I ask current clients to "share" my website with their friends. If 8 people share my info with each of their 400 friends...thats alot of exposure, you know?

Find out when your town has parades, community events, block parties, craft fairs, town wide yard sales, etc....and set up a booth.

The only thing that has NEVER worked for me is craigslist. Never got more than a ton of spam.

Comment

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Comment

Welcome! I'm relatively new (again) and love this place!

Comment

Thanks! - Everyone has been great thus far.

Comment

Just wanted to say welcome. This is really such a great place for support and questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X