Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Those "Specialized" In Home Daycares (Organic, Gluten Free, Cloth Diapering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by preschoolteacher View Post
    I will be charging a little more than average for my large metropolitan area. Full-time children will pay $45/day and part-time (anything less than 4 days/week) will pay $50/day. Drop-in care is $7/hour. After a year or two, I may raise my prices depending on how things go. I am not yet licensed but will open in the fall.

I'm going to offer organic food; preschool curriculum (that follows the more holistic early childhood philosophies, similar to Waldorf in ways); nature-based education (organic vegetable garden, outdoor play daily, nature excursions, etc.); and I am open to using cloth diapers.
    http://www.gogreenratingscale.org/
    I think you and I are opening the same preschool this fall!

Comment

gluten free is a hard one but you might also want to add corn free. Any family that wants their child to be gluten free when there is not an allergy would also not want them eating GMO products . It is my understanding it is almost impossible to certify any corn product as non GMO.

disclaimer I eat corn, wheat, rye and uncertified oats. but friends seem to more concerned about corn than wheat these days
      It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I charge a slightly higher rate than other area providers but I don't think it has anything to do with me being willing to cloth diaper or willingness to serve organic foods...I think it has more to do with the fact that I am a long term (20+ years) provider as well as my reputation.

At least that is the way it seems to work around here.
        Almost ditto, except I've only got 18+ years of experience.

Comment

Working...
        X