Feeling Frumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Frumpy

I know there have been numerous threads about what we all wear during the day. My go to is either capris and tee's in the summer or jeans and tees or hoodies in the winter. I have been feeling so frumpy lately. I think mainly due to the fact that I rarely buy myself new things. I just have a hard time justifying buying new clothes to be spit on, snotted on, and who knows what else, so all my clothes are old. I invest my clothing money in my kids and husband.
    I may need to revisit this idea though as I just feel so blah....
    I wear the same things week after week. Maybe it's time for something new.

Originally posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
    I know there have been numerous threads about what we all wear during the day. My go to is either capris and tee's in the summer or jeans and tees or hoodies in the winter. I have been feeling so frumpy lately. I think mainly due to the fact that I rarely buy myself new things. I just have a hard time justifying buying new clothes to be spit on, snotted on, and who knows what else, so all my clothes are old. I invest my clothing money in my kids and husband.
    I may need to revisit this idea though as I just feel so blah....
    I wear the same things week after week. Maybe it's time for something new.
    I feel the SAME way!! I've been wearing scrubs, except it's been SO hot here lately that I burn up in those. I have bought long shorts, but still feel like I wear the same things over and over again.

I was just thinking last night it is time to get me something new to wear!

Comment

I purchased myself some medical scrub tops. I love them! Kind of like a uniform. Very comfortable, they have cute kid designs, lots of pockets ( a must have for me) and the best part is my regular clothes stay nice.

Comment

I work for a couple of nurses, so I feel weird wearing scrubs. I bought one top once and have never worn it. I guess I feel like I am being a copy cat or something.

Comment

I've also heard of providers ordering half a dozen t-shirts with their day care name on it and just wearing one of those each day like a uniform.

Comment

i have tshirts with my daycare name on them. i just wear those with capris or jeans.

i'm so used to wearing them, half the time i'm wearing them on weekends too.

i dont think i've worn a "real" shirt in 3 years!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko60 View Post
              I've also heard of providers ordering half a dozen t-shirts with their day care name on it and just wearing one of those each day like a uniform.
              I've heard (on here) of people doing the same thing with polo shirts. Something just slightly nicer than a t-shirt, but likely more expensive.

I just wear casual clothes. I have some nicer casual clothes that I will NOT wear during the day when the kids are here. I save those for days the kiddos aren't here.

There have been days (like on weekends) when I plan on doing yard work while the kiddos play and I wear "work" clothes. They are usually stained and meant for getting dirty. Of course the nights before these days I usually let my parents (whose kids will be here) what I have planned so they can make sure their kids wear their old/dirty/stained clothes. The kids like these days because it usually means they get to play in the dirt.
              Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Originally posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
                I work for a couple of nurses, so I feel weird wearing scrubs. I bought one top once and have never worn it. I guess I feel like I am being a copy cat or something.
                Why???? Because you took them out of their closet? Because you went out and bought the same patterns? Of course not!

You have every much a right to wear scrubs as the nurses who bring their kids to your daycare. They are comfy, roomy, you can buy them in fun prints, they are ALMOST stainproof, have huge pockets and hold up well to repeated washings. ( I personally hang mine to dry) if you have anyone who makes a comment ask them why in the world did they not recommend scrubs to you for durability, comfort, and ease of use. Go for it!!!

Comment

I have t-shirts from vita print that I wear a lot in the Summer. I also like to go to oldnavy.com and buy their solid tees when they are on clearance and embroider my daycare name on them. They are a little nicer and I don't feel so frumpy.

Comment

I was just thinking about ordering the polo shirts also. I feel that I dress down alot with sweat pants and sweat shirts or T shirts. I figured if I atleast ordered the shirts it would look more put together :: Not like im just rolling out of bed which i usually am ::::

Comment

I ordered a bunch of different color tshirts with my daycare names logo on them and wear with capris and pants. If I dont wear those I wear a tshirt. I want to be comfortable and not worry other clothes will get dirty. Scrubs are cute, and i have two tops but they are not as comfy as tshirts to me.

I got a bunch of different colors so they dont think i wear the same thing everyday!

Comment

Love the tshirts with the daycare logo idea. In the summer I wear athletic shorts and some sort of t shirt and in the winter I wear yoga pants with a tshirt. I rarely wear anything else but I try and do my hair and make up everyday to help me feel less frumpy.

I just might have to check into some scrubs for this winter

Comment

I like the idea of ordering cute t- shirts or long sleeves with logo on the- great idea!
                          I usually wear casual- professional attire with my big frilly apron! I had to give up my pencil skirts and kitten heels, but still try to remain professional and well put together in the AM- by the end of the day it is a different story! The parents are always commenting on how well I dress for staying at home

Comment

I was feeling the exact same way so I went out to Walmart and bought some cute, super cheap shirts and pants that I can mix and match. I have about 3 pairs of comfy pants (I buy them a size up for daycare so I can sit and crawl around the floor) and then I buy 4-5 shirts to wear with them. Inevitably everything is in greys and blacks but it makes it easier to match!! I feel much better about tossing a stained $5 shirt from Walmart.

I buy a couple outfits for wearing outside the daycare from Eddie Bauer. It's still comfy clothes but a little more "dressy".

Comment

I am too! My daycare wardrobe consists entirely of stuff I've thrown out of my real wardrobe. Stuff thats too big, too worn out or too ugly to wear anywhere else.

I look better in the winter because I wear my scrub tops (they are unbearable in the summer) and sweaters and things like that. And last Christmas I bought about 5 pairs of sleep pants from Old Navy in crazy prints that I pair with long sleeve t-shirts and weird socks...the kids love them and they look kind of cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X