Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sturdiest Cardboard Blocks Ever.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sturdiest Cardboard Blocks Ever.......

I need them.

What are they? Melissa and Doug blocks didn't last a year. Before that, I had some nice ones I got on Ebay, they were plain brown blocks. They lasted almost ten years. But, they don't exist anymore.

So, spam me with the best cardboard blocks in the entire world of daycare kids.

Toys”R”Us is the leading kids store for all toys, video games, dolls, action figures, learning games, building blocks and more. C'mon, Let's Play!

Ive had my first set about 10 years, its faded and some of them have been tossed for too much wear and tear. My second set I have had about 3 years, still sturdy and great.

I however do not allow walking or jumping on them as the kids would LOVE to do for some reason!
    Last edited by Michael; 08-31-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilrugrats View Post
      http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2320039

Ive had my first set about 10 years, its faded and some of them have been tossed for too much wear and tear. My second set I have had about 3 years, still sturdy and great.

I however do not allow walking or jumping on them as the kids would LOVE to do for some reason!
      oooooo I like the price of those too! Looks like thatll be a new order next week for us
      "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

I have these. Got them 3 yes ago. They hold up fairly well

Comment

Love those!

Comment

Great, just what a husband needs. A harder box to breakdown for the recycle bin.

Comment

Originally posted by lilrugrats View Post
              http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2320039

I borrowed a set of those from our lending library and they were fun for the kids but wow did they take up a lot of space! They had them in 2 big totes and the totes just had to stay in the middle of the floor. I have a small home with small rooms so it didn't work well for us. BUT loved them!!

Comment

They do take up some space, but are nice to bring out once in a while if you dont have room. I have mine in a little tykes toybox, fills the whole thing, BUT they play with them everyday. Even my own 12 and 8 year olds!

Comment

I read the reviews and decided to try the Melissa and Doug ones. I ordered them directly from their site at 4pm today and they had already shipped by 8pm with a tracking link.

When you get good service, you MUST tell someone... So...consider yourselves told.
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I have the toys r us ones and love them too. They've lasted years so far, and are still great. The kids even stand on them and walk on them, and they are still fine. The only damage is from a few my dog got ahold of and chewed up.
                    I keep mine in a pop up hamper for storage.

Comment

i have the melissa and doug ones, and after 4 years, they are still as new as the day i got them, with exception to the one the baby ate

mine are out and used everyday, but i discourage them from standing on them as well.

i also have ones i made, and the kids can do as they please with them, that way, if they break down, i can just toss them. all they cost is a roll of contact paper.

i just used a bunch of smaller boxes, stuffed them with newspaper to make them more sturdy, and covered them in contact paper.

Comment

I also made some sturdy blocks out of old capri sun boxes. I just took packing tape and sealed the open end back shut. The kids play with these a ton too, and they were free! It took me awhile to build up some, as I dont use them for daycare, but for my own kids on the weekends. But I saved them for awhile, and now have almost 2 dozen.
                        Only the capri sun boxes work, other brands arent as sturdy. The kids love to look at the pictures on them, and read the letters and words.

Comment

OK...so I did not think it was possible, but the Melissa and Doug blocks I ordered YESTERDAY at 4pm online arrived today at 1pm.

The Melissa and Doug online store is awsome!!!!

I paid standard 3-5 day shipping.
                          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I wasn't pleased with the Melissa and Doug blocks, but I might try again.

I had a really bad group last year. They ate things that were indestructible, so maybe this group will be more normal?

Comment

Working...
                            X