Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Daycare

Somethings been on my mind lately...

I have been doing bible study and chrisitan crafts with my 3 yos. One is mine and the other is dcb. I have never advertised as being a christian daycare. When I decided to do some bible study I asked dcb parents and they were fine with it and actually happy about it.

I have another dcb starting next month. Should I let the parents get used to me and my daycare before I ask them if they want him to participte?

If they arent okay with it, that is fine with me (I will make sure he doesnt get exposed). I get nervous bringing it up because I think there is a stigmatism about christian daycares.

I would love to market myself as a christian daycare but I need to attract all the clients I can right now to survive.

Anyone advertise as a christian daycare? Any trouble staying full? Do you think it enhances your daycare? Thanks for the advice.

I advertise as a christian day care. I use the word Christian in the name of my day care. In all of my advertising a point out the christian aspect of my qualification. I did not do this at first However, about a month after opening, the pastor at my church challenged everyone to also think about what would Jesus do and do that especially in the business practice. So after much prayerful thought and consideration, I deiced that Jesus would not and did not hide his religion (he died on the cross B/C of his claims to be God). It was at that point that a inserted the word Christian into the name of my day care, and start to point out the Christian aspects of my qualifications. that first week is when I got my first child, and every phone call I have received since has said that they like having a Christian day care option. So my question to you is what do you think God/Jesus wants you to do. Also, how much Christian competition do you have. I have NO Christian competition for school age, which is my focus and specialty.

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
      I advertise as a christian day care. I use the word Christian in the name of my day care. In all of my advertising a point out the christian aspect of my qualification. I did not do this at first However, about a month after opening, the pastor at my church challenged everyone to also think about what would Jesus do and do that especially in the business practice. So after much prayerful thought and consideration, I deiced that Jesus would not and did not hide his religion (he died on the cross B/C of his claims to be God). It was at that point that a inserted the word Christian into the name of my day care, and start to point out the Christian aspects of my qualifications. that first week is when I got my first child, and every phone call I have received since has said that they like having a Christian day care option. So my question to you is what do you think God/Jesus wants you to do. Also, how much Christian competition do you have. I have NO Christian competition for school age, which is my focus and specialty.
      Can I just mention, you wrote a beautiful post.

Comment

I don't advertise as a christian daycare but there is a scripture quoted under my logo and in my handbook there is a small paragraph where I let them know that christianity is my lifestyle and that we do pray over our meals and we do a weekly bible lesson. The parents don't really care. A year ago, I had a muslim family enrolled and they were fine with it too.

I think at the interview you can bring it up but you don't necessarily have to advertise as such. Give the parent an opportunity to meet you and see the surrounding as opposed to them not even contacting you because of the "sour taste" they may have with "christian daycare".

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
          Thank you

Comment

I would want to know before I signed my children up at a daycare if it was going to be religious-based. Because of my beliefs I wouldn't send my children to a religious daycare. I think it wuld be a good idea to let parents know of what you plan to do before any interviews. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
              DITTO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                I would want to know before I signed my children up at a daycare if it was going to be religious-based. Because of my beliefs I wouldn't send my children to a religious daycare. I think it wuld be a good idea to let parents know of what you plan to do before any interviews. Good luck!
                I agree. That's why I think that during the interview is a great time to let them know.
                Last edited by Michael; 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I do not run a religious day care per say. However, we are a religious family and I let the parents know at interview that we pray before we eat (children are never forced to pray, but must be respectful of those who want to) and I emphasis Christ as the central figure at Christmas time. I have a large painting over my desk at the day care that is of Christ with children around Him. It has never bothered any of the parents.

Comment

It's complicated

I don't advertise as a christian daycare because I'm not sure if I'm considered christian, so I don't mention my spiritual beliefs in ads. I'm not ashamed of my faith, I just don't really have a good way to label it!

Comment

I don't advertise as a Christian daycare, but upon entering my home, it is clear we are believers. In my entry way, I have a few inspirational decorations referring to faith and my belief in God and if parents want me to pray with their child before meals I do. I play Christian kids music and they have several Veggie Tale movies they watch, but don't do any special bible studies or Christian crafts. I let them know this during the interview to make sure it will be a good fit for their family.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        I don't advertise as a christian daycare because I'm not sure if I'm considered christian, so I don't mention my spiritual beliefs in ads. I'm not ashamed of my faith, I just don't really have a good way to label it!
                        IMHO, if you believe in Christ, you're Christian. I consider myself Christian although many others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
                          Love what you said! And you've got me thinking.

Comment

I don't run a "Christian" preschool or use Christian curriculum, but we say grace, watch Veggie Tales, listen to Christian (children's) music, etc. I interviewed a family and they seemed to love my DK and program. When I told them we pray before meals - that was a deal breaker. The mother was NOT happy about that and I never heard from them again.

I think it's best to be upfront so they can make an informed decision.

Comment

I don't hide my Christian beliefs or views. I have two people wanting in my daycare right now, b/c we pray before meals, watch veggie tales, etc. I just don't have the room.

It is clear when you walk in my home where I stand. I have a mirrored 10 commandments on the wall. The wall above my Tv has about 20 crosses. Above the front door is a large "As for me and my House, we will SERVE THE LORD". On my front porch, is another metal scripture.

Parents know coming in. If it bothers them, then, this is not the daycare for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X