Plastic Play Houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oneluckymom View Post
    I looked up Seven or Sevin Dust online and it says it is toxic?
    "Sevin's active ingredient, carbaryl, is in fact a potent neurotoxin and suspected carcinogen, and federal regulators are currently considering restricting its use." Apparently it is expecially toxic to animals...I'm assuming it must be toxic for humans too
    Really? I'll have to rethink then, I know we always put it on dogs growing up for fleas. Wow, thanks. Then I will probably do cayenne and vinegar for the yard.

Comment

I took mine inside because of the bees building nests in it.

Comment

I have a playhouse and climber on wood chips and a small playhouse (for the infants) on the deck. The one on the deck seems to get spiders, but the ones on the wood chips seem to be relatively bug free.

Comment

cheeky - are they cedar chips? I've heard spiders don't like cedar so that might be why. Maybe I need to line my patio will those.

Comment

Originally posted by WImom View Post
            cheeky - are they cedar chips? I've heard spiders don't like cedar so that might be why. Maybe I need to line my patio will those.
            I truthfully have no idea what kind of wood it is. I was given three choices for the playground (wood chips, weird wood mulchy stuff, and rubber mats). I chose the wood chips. They are a light beige color, so I'm thinking they aren't cedar. I'm just thankful we're not having the spider problem this year.

Comment

Eww, just reading how many people have bug and spider issues in their backyards. I hate bugs and spiders and I sure hope we don't have an issue with them when we move into our first home.

Comment

Reelreader

Hi, I am also trying to keep bugs out of the playhouse. Sprinkling herbs such as oregano and mint helps, but definitely do not use flooring. I put astro turf inside the playhouse, and yellowjackets built a huge nest underneath it. Also, woodchips will encourage mice and rats to move in. Hosing the house down often and being vigilant is the only way to keep the bugs out.

Comment

I spray my houses down weekly, and then I spritz some essential oils, tea tree and citronella work great at keeping them at bay. It DOES need to be repeated weekly though, or they come right back.

Comment

Working...
                  X