No announcement yet.

Smoking:{ HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you continue to smoke during the time that children are in your care who will be supervising them when you "go outside and smoke during buissness [sic] hours"?

Hopefully you have an assistant?

That would not be allowed in my state.

Comment

I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty about whether you're allowed to or not, watching kids when you go etc. If you are doing it before and after hours, during naptimes or whatever.

I suggest this:

Put your hair up so it doesn't have as much room to absorb or put a hat/hood on

Wear a sweater/jacket that you only use for smoking, and never wear it around the dck's or dcp's.

wash your hands well after each smoke

dousing yourself in perfume before they walk in is going to make it obvious you are hiding something.

chew gum/eat mints

smoke with your back to the wind so the wind blows away from you and not towards you.

i know people who smoke with thin gloves on so their fingers don't stain/stink

Comment

anxiety

This message stuck out to me not because of the smoking but because of the anxiety issues. I have anxiety problems, too. It is scary and hard to explain to people that don't "get it." Put down the cigarettes and call your doctor and tell them you must come in and see them. Tell them you are concerned about your mental state and you need help now. I know this isn't an emergency where you're going to lose it and slap someone, but it is hard to work with kids when you are in an anxious state. Please, get the help for the anxiety issues now!!! I will be thinking of you.

Comment

Working...
        X