To Throw a Goodbye Party or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Throw a Goodbye Party or Not?

The 2 DCB's that DCM are pulling out are leaving this Thursday.

The last dayhome that they were in had a going away party for them, supposedly because she was closing down.

I have had the most horrible 3 months with these 2 boys, and the other children hate being here when they are here.
    IMHO I dont feel that they deserve a party of any type.

Im pretty sure mom will be expecting me to do something.

Would you throw a party for 2 kids who are rude and lil horrors, or just say your good ridence's?

Have the kids make a good bye card and have the party the next day! :: (j/k)

We recently had a couple leave that were like that. When the other children learned that they weren't coming back they practically danced with joy. We were miserable with them but didn't realize how much they affected the rest of the crew.

Comment

Is having a good bye party something you would normally do?

If not then if/when mom ask just say, I do not do that.

Comment

Do you have goodbye parties for other children that may have left? If so, sadly I think you just may need to do a little something. Kids pick up on our behavior and we have to sometimes check our feelings aside to be the best role models- however, I would explain that yes even those boys can be little on the adventurous side and don't follow all the rules they still deserve all the best wishes for their future that you can offer! Kill them with kindness' perhaps they will take a part of that away withthem and treat their next provider with a
        Little more tact.

Comment

Im am just so relieved that they are leaving and Im sure that the parents of the other kids will be happy to hear it too! ::

My Gall bladder attacks have been going on for 3 months straight, my own children have an attitude problem and I cant wait till thursday.

OH and I will never let another parent talk me into giving a sibling discount........ EEEVVVAAA.

Comment

Originally posted by godiva83 View Post
            Do you have goodbye parties for other children that may have left? If so, sadly I think you just may need to do a little something. Kids pick up on our behavior and we have to sometimes check our feelings aside to be the best role models- however, I would explain that yes even those boys can be little on the adventurous side and don't follow all the rules they still deserve all the best wishes for their future that you can offer! Kill them with kindness' perhaps they will take a part of that away withthem and treat their next provider with a
            Little more tact.
            The only other child that has left was terminated cause DCM called my dd a liar. I still have my original kids when I opened a year ago after I moved to a new town. So I havent had to throw a goodbye party yet.

I know that she cannot find a new provider, they have been through the whole lot of them in my town And providers talk!

Comment

I would only give a party if they were moving up to another school, not just going to a new daycare. Make a card, maybe special snack and thats plenty!

Comment

First let me say I feel your pain with your ongoing Gall Bladder attacks. I finally had mine out and what a relief. I wouldn't have a party. When they age out I have their favorite snack for them on their last day and call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsp'slilpeeps View Post
                  Im am just so relieved that they are leaving and Im sure that the parents of the other kids will be happy to hear it too! ::

My Gall bladder attacks have been going on for 3 months straight, my own children have an attitude problem and I cant wait till thursday.

OH and I will never let another parent talk me into giving a sibling discount........ EEEVVVAAA.
                  Well, you could have a good bye celebration, FOR YOU! Then just say it was for him. ::

Comment

If I remember correctly, they have been there for only 3 months and never transitioned well to begin with. She terminated care because she knew you were about to due to their behavioral issues....so NO, I would not throw them a party.

I'd just have their stuff neatly boxed and ready to go at pick-up. Don't let her drag it out with "can we occasionally drop-in" or the other million last minute requests that commonly occur...

Friday is going to rock at your house.
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I would have a movie and nap party. Have them watch a movie, have an easy lunch, and a nice long nap.

I wouldn't have the kids make a card. If the Mom brings up a party tell her she is welcome to bring treats if she would like.
                      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                        If I remember correctly, they have been there for only 3 months and never transitioned well to begin with. She terminated care because she knew you were about to due to their behavioral issues....so NO, I would not throw them a party.

I'd just have their stuff neatly boxed and ready to go at pick-up. Don't let her drag it out with "can we occasionally drop-in" or the other million last minute requests that commonly occur...

I agree with you cat... I once termed a family that was breaking ALL of the rules. I felt that it was not the child's fault he had lazy defiant parents so I threw him a party.

Well these parents bug me all the time to let their kids come back....no way jose!

So when I term or when a child leaves (other than when goingto kinder) I just have the kids make a card and we all say goodbye... I leave it at that!

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post

Nope they have not changed the bad behavior at all. Infact they are getting worse.

They are done on thursday so thats when the house will be rockin!

Then I am on vacay for 11 days, then it's back to school for the kids.

Comment

Working...
                          X