Electric Fireplace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Fireplace?

I know someone will be annoyed I put this out there in the middle of the hottest summer ever but I am hoping my preplanning will get me a deal and something like this might be on sale during this season.

Anyone have and use an electric fireplace in their basements? We live in a split in MN and for the first hour we are in the basement (in the winter) each morning its chilly. I am not willing to raise my heat temp many degrees just to heat the basement for that short amount of time but think it might be nice to turn on an electric heater in the hour before parents come so its warmer when we first go downstairs.

I am hoping to buy a moveable one but since nobody I know has one I am wodering if they put out enough heat and if they are hot to the touch anywhere. Any recomendations? Good/bad experiences?

Does anyone know if they are really money saving?

I have one, but you can't see the buttons, the kids along with mine dont' know how to turn it on. Mine is not hot to touch either, I made sure before i bought one it wasn't going to burn the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
      I have one, but you can't see the buttons, the kids along with mine dont' know how to turn it on. Mine is not hot to touch either, I made sure before i bought one it wasn't going to burn the kids.
      Countrymom- what kind do you have and where did you buy it and how much? I am with jojo...I have a basement home also...slip level and would love to find one as well although my daycare is upstairs not down.

Comment

I bought my Mom a large one, actually a nice piece of furniture. Her tv sits on it.

It warms up her livingroom nicely, but isn't hot to the touch so I don't worry about the kids trying to touch the "fire". It's remote controlled so the kids can't turn it on or off by themselves.

I bought it at Lowe's just before Christmas last year.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
          I bought my Mom a large one, actually a nice piece of furniture. Her tv sits on it.

It warms up her livingroom nicely, but isn't hot to the touch so I don't worry about the kids trying to touch the "fire". It's remote controlled so the kids can't turn it on or off by themselves.

I bought it at Lowe's just before Christmas last year.

Ok, I will have to look over there then bc I'd like to get one...I think there like $400 I would love to find one half that price though..!!

Comment

I think the one I bought was about $1500.

Comment

I got a super nice heavy duty one last year at Lowes. I paid about $600 for it. Depending on the size of your room, you might be able to get one cheaper. They also have ones in different types of wood so the prices range.

I think Lowes had the best selection and if you are wanting one, I'd start looking soon! We got ours at Thanksgiving time last year and we got the floor model because they weren't getting any more in!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X