Gift Idea For A DC Parent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Idea For A DC Parent?

I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of doing daycare. In my area, I got a lot of negative feedback about not being able to make it with just preschoolers. I was never going to fill up-blah blah blah. My first parent that I got is so wonderful and since she took a chance on me (as the first kid signed up), I've remained full! I would like to get her a small gift as a THANKS for starting my business! Any ideas? Thanks!

You can't go wrong with Personal Creations or Female Creations.

Both are online stores that I have personally purchased from.

I love them both and they ship pretty quick.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I did canvas bags for each kid with my logo on it. I don't do gifts to the parents, just the kids

Comment

A gift card to a spa or restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyChick View Post
          A gift card to a spa or restaurant?
          ...and watch her child while she's there maybe.

Comment

One mother was a teacher. I would take her daughter up to the school with a box of donuts for the class and let her daughter sneak into the classroom with them. I got authorization from the office first.

Another parent, we bought flowers and took them to her office. Her son walked in and asked to speak to her and handed her the flowers when she came out. Me and the other kids stood right outside the door so we could see. I had also called in advance to ok it with the secretary.

Comment

You could do something like an amount off her bill (thank you bonus)...

I had a mom, who was my second here. She had to wait for me to get my license before her little man could start. She got married last summer, and as a wedding gift from us, the groom got a case of his favorite beer (dh's idea) and I gave them a gift certificate for my daycare to use at her convenience.
              Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

You could keep it simple and offer a "Big Thanks" to everyone and make a card explaining that you're so happy to complete your first year of business........dah dah dah and offer a free 3 hour weekend and offer two dates to choose from. You could do a Friday night or Saturday night and serve pizza and show a movie for the kids while the parents go out on a date night.

Then, if they really enjoy this, they will ask for it again and you can earn extra income for those special occasions.

Comment

You could just do something simple like a thank you card and some nice cookies. She'll appreciate the gesture more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X