No announcement yet.

How Do U Justify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd cut back to Monday through Friday only and see how that floats her boat! ::::::::

Comment

I bent over backward to help someone out because I had just opened and needed the money. I did late nights and weekend care for her. By the end of 6 months I had enough and had more clients which meant I was working 18 hour days on Fridays and only getting one day off a week. I told her I was done and gave notice that in two weeks I was returning to my set hours with no exceptions. Within a few days she had a different job in the same field that fit into the hours I offered. I was firm and she liked me so she changed her job to stay keep her kids with someone she totally trusted.
      Celebrate! ::

Comment

Pitter, PLEASE please tell me this isn't the SAME mom with the dirty kids and dirty socks! Gosh I hope not! Eek! I agree with the others...stop working saturdays if you can....for YOUR sanity. More hugs for you....((((Pitterhugs))))

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
          Pitter, PLEASE please tell me this isn't the SAME mom with the dirty kids and dirty socks! Gosh I hope not! Eek! I agree with the others...stop working saturdays if you can....for YOUR sanity. More hugs for you....((((Pitterhugs))))
          Yes maam it is. I am in the process of reporting them and suggesting that the welfare worker make an UNSCHEDULED visit this time! DCM tells me when they visit her, she told me the last time they came they only had 2 days notice to hurry and get the house in order. They even had to go to dumpsters to find a carpet to cover the floor! That there tells me a lot!! It makes no sense why welfare makes scheduled visits! If they would just drop in they would catch MANY people doing unacceptable things.

To reply to a couple other questions here...

I can't say where she works of course but I can say it is at a hotel, cleaning of all things :: It is a very popular place and very expensive to stay at is all I can say.... She does work 6 days a week usually, at least 40 hrs a week sometimes more, with her day off changing every week. This is normal because I know 2 other people that work there. I do suspect that she has been done quite a few times earlier than she claims and is just playing around. (not allowed btw so let the state catch her) Thing is even if she gets HER work done, no one is allowed to leave without everyone being done. If 1 person gets done early they have to go ask another person or group if they need help. A friend said they can get done anywhere between 2 pm - 6 pm. She is always 4 sometimes 6:00 which I put a stop to and told her no later than 5:00 because I CLOSE! I know she is one of the slackers tho because she stands here and complains about the supervisor having to recheck her work every day because she never gets it clean enough. Personally I wouldn't stay in a room she touched!. I watched her change a large poopy diaper upon arrival once and she used just 1 generic wipe and just kept refolding and touching the brown patches then didn't wash her hands just wiped them on her pants and left! GAG! This is another reason I wipe the kids down and have them soak thier grime filled fingernails before we touch anything inside.

I put up with so much because she has 2 spots and is most of my income right now. I will not do Sundays no matter what! That has been decided. I am just sick of her whining and calling off.

As for her DH I think he is more able bodied than they claim. I watch him pick the kids up, 1 in each arm and carry them down the stairs to the car and strap them in. He builds with his hands and drives fine. He signs the kids in and out everyday... I think he's just 1 of these Dads that doesnt want to watch his kids.

I really dont see her lasting at this job much longer. I know for a fact they don't have a problem replacing people. She tells me herself she's going to quit because she hates cleaning all day. She said it's the only place that would hire her. She has no education. I told her she could always try fastfood, I started out there and worked for years. She said no she wants an air conditioned job where she can sit all day! :::: With NO education, no college etc... Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the support here. I just felt my backbone bending more so I wanted to make sure I was justified. NO daycare on Sundays!!

Comment

Originally posted by PitterPatter View Post
            I watched her change a large poopy diaper upon arrival once and she used just 1 generic wipe and just kept refolding and touching the brown patches then didn't wash her hands just wiped them on her pants and left! GAG! .......

.....I told her she could always try fastfood, I started out there and worked for years. She said no she wants an air conditioned job where she can sit all day!
            Given what you said about the poopy diaper, I just about gagged at the thought of her working in a fast food restaurant. Suddenly, having to cook dinner at home every night is sounding better and better!

Comment

Originally posted by PitterPatter View Post
              She said no she wants an air conditioned job where she can sit all day! ::::
              Did you say "me too?" ::

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
                Given what you said about the poopy diaper, I just about gagged at the thought of her working in a fast food restaurant. Suddenly, having to cook dinner at home every night is sounding better and better!
                :: I know but when I suggested it I already knew she would decline. She is an "entitled" client.

Comment

Working...
                X