Monthly Or Weekly Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunshine44 View Post
    Someone mentioned about them running out on their bill...have them pay a month ahead. That is what I do.
    I always charge in advance for two weeks. I had one drop in that I let her come all month and added up the days at the end. It took her a month to pay me, so never again will I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine44 View Post
      Someone mentioned about them running out on their bill...have them pay a month ahead. That is what I do.
      Yep. My payday is Friday for the upcoming week. Monthly payments are due on the first Friday of the month and are calculated by the number of Friday's in the month so that they are always paid in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lpperry View Post
        For those who pay monthly, I have them pay based on how many mondays are in the month.

For example:
        August has 5 mondays, so they pay for 5 weeks
        September has 4 Mondays, so they pay for 4 weeks.

The first few days in September are actually paid for in the August payment. So, the payment for September starts on September 5th.

This way it is really easy to give a monthly rate--just multiply your weekly rate by 4 or 5 depending on the month.
        I used to do it this way. Now I do 50 weeks times my weekly rate, divided by 12 months. I don't charge for a week at Christmas (I'm closed for 2 and get paid for 1) or Spring Break. I'm closed and love it. So they pay me the same all year. I explain it's like their mortgage. Same amount, due on the 1st of each month. Then their expenses and my income stay constant.

Comment

Working...
        X