Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Never Cared For A Family With 2 Kids Before...Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Never Cared For A Family With 2 Kids Before...Question?

My hourly rate for one child is $2.50. I had planned it to be $4 for 2 kids from the same family.

I got a call from a guy looking for care for his 2 daughters, for 2 to 4 days a week. Drop off would be at 4 a.m. and pick up at 2 p.m. I normally only take children 7:30-5:30, but after talking to my husband, decided I would give this a try.

My payment options that I have thought of so far are...

A) Pay a flat rate of $150/wk, whether they are here 2, 3, or 4 days. That is a little less than $4/hr, but I thought I would cut him a break since that may only be for 2 days one week, 4 days the next.

B) Pay $5.50/hr. The extra $1.50 is because of the extra hours I'd be working. This would come out as:
    2 days=$110
    3 days=$165
    4 days:$220
    Does that seem like too much per hour? I just want to be covered financially because I would be holding 2 full-time spots whether they are here or not. There is no way I can fill the random days they would not be here.

I think your rates need to be a little steeper and tell them that you need a clear decision on whether it will be 2, 3 or 4 days per week. Don't let them change it every week. If they are there 4 days a week, charge them your full time rate. The chance of you getting someone to come in 1 day a week is pretty slim.

Comment

That's going to be an early arrival and a departure that will most likely be in the middle of nap and a ten hour day.

That's TOUGH.

I would charge the 25 dollars per day per kid and a minimum of three scheduled days per week.

Do not cut them a break. If they are working these terrible hours they are receiving compensation for it.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by littlemommy View Post
        My hourly rate for one child is $2.50. I had planned it to be $4 for 2 kids from the same family.

I got a call from a guy looking for care for his 2 daughters, for 2 to 4 days a week. Drop off would be at 4 a.m. and pick up at 2 p.m. I normally only take children 7:30-5:30, but after talking to my husband, decided I would give this a try.

My payment options that I have thought of so far are...

A) Pay a flat rate of $150/wk, whether they are here 2, 3, or 4 days. That is a little less than $4/hr, but I thought I would cut him a break since that may only be for 2 days one week, 4 days the next.

B) Pay $5.50/hr. The extra $1.50 is because of the extra hours I'd be working. This would come out as:
        2 days=$110
        3 days=$165
        4 days:$220
        Does that seem like too much per hour? I just want to be covered financially because I would be holding 2 full-time spots whether they are here or not. There is no way I can fill the random days they would not be here.
        what state are you in? In Cali you have to be awake at all times that children are present, so I would never agree to hours this early.....

However, if you are able to wake and go back to sleep until your normal hours then that may be a different situation....

I would charge a lot more than $4.00 an hour for two kids with those times.....

Comment

It's the father that works these hours. He's bringing his ex-wife to the interview on Monday. The days per week vary because they have split custody, and the days I would have them would his days.

Average rates around here are $2.50/hr and most providers only charge 1.50 for the 2nd kid/hr. I was almost afraid that the rates I have figured for them would be too high...but maybe not!

Comment

no discounts or breaks....why providers even do that to themselves, I will never understand. you are providing the same thing for each child correct? regular rate plus some for the crazy hours with a concrete agreement on what days will and will not be provided. you're are going to get screwed if they take up two full time spots and come willy-nilly

Comment

I would definately not do it that early, and pick up during nap- big disturbance!!
              Make sure, you really want to get up that early, and if you have children of your own, they will be woken up that early as well!
              Just make sure you really think it thru, before signing them on
              If you are still toying with the idea- make sure you are compensated way over enough, for those hrs.
              They are having a very hard time finding someone who will open that early!!
              Maybe $5.00 an hr. per child for the early hrs.

Comment

I would be charging them more than usual for the early hours. I don't offer a discount for siblings.
                Celebrate! ::

Comment

I live in San Jose,California, I will charge $30 a day for each kid .

Comment

I charge $25 per day, per child, full time 4/5 days a week.

I charge $30 per day,per child, part time with a 3 Day minimum.

I don't discount for extra kids, as I give them all the same care.

And as said above, working those hours, they will be getting paid more, not less.

Also, if you set a weekly fee, make it your fee for 5 days. Because if you tell them that is the fee, for 3, 4 or 5 days, they will use 5 days. They may start out using 3, but will slowly move up to using all 5 days. You will then be getting part time pay for them using full time spots.
                    Last edited by SandeeAR; 07-30-2011, 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I wouldn't do those early hours here its 40 a day and with those early hours I would charge more

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                        That's going to be an early arrival and a departure that will most likely be in the middle of nap and a ten hour day.

That's TOUGH.

I would charge the 25 dollars per day per kid and a minimum of three scheduled days per week.

Do not cut them a break. If they are working these terrible hours they are receiving compensation for it.
                        I agree, my daily rate for ft is $30, if your part time its $35 and I have a min 3 days per week, regardless of whether your here the 3 days or not. If they happen to show a 4th day add it in, but at leaset a min of 3 days, especially if your getting up that early in the am.

Comment

Working...
                        X