Vomiting, No Fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vomiting, No Fever?

Vomited once, no fever. Would you send home? Waiting for a call back from parents right now.

how is the child acting? seem fine? sometimes kids running around or overeating too much, or drinking their drink too fast they just throw up a little and continue on their merry way.

Comment

Vomiting a one way ticket home for me....regardless of fever or not.

Comment

If ANYTHING comes out of a child that shouldn't be coming out of a child, they go home. I do not deal with bodily fluids unless it's supposed to be there.

Comment

Unless I know for a fact the child vomitted for reasons other than illness - he choked on food, for example - he has to go home. I explain as they're leaving that the child must be vomit/fever free for 24 hours before he can return to day care.

Comment

Vomiting one time gets you sent home regarless of the reason and they cannot return the next day.

Comment

Most times, a stomach bug will not have a fever with it. Only the true flu will do that. Yep, any bodily fluid that's not where it should be means the child goes home. Now! I allow parents 30 minutes to pick up. They all work within 10 minutes of me. After 30 minutes, it's $1 per minute.

Comment

Once, not an issue unless he is acting really sick. Second go, parents get called.

Comment

They came to get him, but are now saying he is acting totally normal and think I "over reacted" and shouldn't have called to send him home :confused:

Comment

I don't do vomit...fever or not! In all of my years, this has never been a "wait it out!" When a child vomits, the parent is immediately called and I've never had it be a false alarm! That's just been my experience and I don't wait around to see if it'll happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by momma4many View Post
                      They came to get him, but are now saying he is acting totally normal and think I "over reacted" and shouldn't have called to send him home :confused:
                      I've had this scenario and the next day the parents tell me their child was vomiting all night! You did the right thing!

Comment

Working...
                      X