Water Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Table

I would like to get a water table. I don't want one with all kinds of things attached. I just want a plan table for them to play in. I did have a fisher price one that has a wheel, and balls, etc but I'm returning it. There's no room and the kids are all crowded around. I'd like something rectangle so more kids can use it.

Any ideas - either homemade or bought. Would need to be able to have a plug in it though so I can drain the water.

A few more Water Table threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=water+table

Comment

If you can't find one that you like, make a wooden frame and use a shower curtain for the liner. That way you can make it to the dimensions that you want.

I've used a couple of under the bed totes on a low table. Right now, that's what I'm using for my sand table.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
        I've used a couple of under the bed totes on a low table. Right now, that's what I'm using for my sand table.
        This, but for water table. I periodically use a long plastic underbed storage box for water play outside.

I'm like you, WIMom, I just want a simple box in which to put water that is large enough for several children at once; not something with bells and whistles and "bang for your buck". What I really wish I had for water play is a creek!
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

This might be a long shot but I was going to see if I could find something like this also. Do you have any farm equipment type stores around you? I was thinking they may have something to put water or food in for the animals that wouldn't be to deep and would probably be a rectangle shape and long also. Only thing is would probably be spendy!
          Each day is a fresh start
          Never look back on regrets
          Live life to the fullest
          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

I have considered trying to build a frame for one of the plastic boxes I use out of either PVC pipe (not sure if it would be sturdy enough or hold well enough) or having my BIL build me a frame out of wood. Either one would probably be a heckuva lot cheaper than, say, this or even this, either of which is basically what I'm looking for.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I have a table with adjustable legs that I use.

I wonder about the cement mixing pans that they sell at Home Depot......

You could use an old card table and cut the legs down.

I have cats and turtles so I don't want anything like that on the ground.

Comment

I have a table with adjustable legs that I use.

I wonder about the cement mixing pans that they sell at Home Depot......

You could use an old card table and cut the legs down.

I have cats and turtles so I don't want anything like that on the ground.
                this is exactly what we did. i bought a few from home depot, and my hubby built wood bases to hold them. i love them!

Comment

I wonder about the cement mixing pans that they sell at Home Depot.......
                  This is what I use as a sand and water table. They're around $15 or so depending on the size but they work fairly well. I put it on a low kids table on the grass and then dump the water out when I'm done. The kids like it and at least 4 or 5 kids can use it at once if they're 3 and under. It serves it's purpose and was way cheaper than buying an actual water table and pretty sturdy. No plug though.

Comment

I love this idea. Thank you!

Comment

okay I did some searching last night and answered my own question.... But I thought you would all benefit from this link too. We are making ours a little different with two cement tubs so I can have more kids using it at once. I'm also going to add a tub plug and drill a hole to drain them. It says it cost them $20 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X