Daily Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Updates

I am in the process of making m daily update sheet, to give to parents everyday as they pick up their children. Not sure what to put on it. Do I need to give it parents of school aged children or just preschoolers/Infants.

Ideas Please

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

On mine I include -
      Name
      Date
      Something they had fun doing for the day
      Lunch - if they ate all, some, none
      nap times
      mood: happy, sad, frustrated, trouble playing with friends, good helper, good friend
      needs: clothes, diapers, pull ups, etc
      comments

I make it so mostly I circle and I'm able to print 4 to a page which helps with paper.

Comment

For years I filled out daily slips for the infants and preschoolers in my care with info on what they'd eaten, naps, diaper chgs, activities, etc. The parents always appreciated getting these, but it was time consuming. I recently found an app for my ipad called "Daycare Tracker Pro", so I'm able to send daily comment sheets via email to the parents now. Everyone loves it and it simplifies things and is very efficient and easy!

Comment

I only do this for infants under 6 months. After that, every day is basically the same so the extra paperwork is a pain. You might consider doing one huge group update on a white board. Just listing the activities that day, the meal, etc. Then you can tell a parent something only if it is different from whatever was on the board. Saves you a lot of time and those daily sheets are very time consuming when everyone naps, etc. together anyway.

Comment

I just started doing mine on MMK and i LOVE it! Fill it out and email to the parents. Much easier. No more buying paper and printing and knowing they are just throwing them out when they get home.
            The downsize is that i have to find time to sit at the PC and fill them out! I've got it down now

Comment

I don't offer that service. If parents want a written update they must create a checkable form for the areas they want info on so I can check it quickly. I have had a few ask but none have developed the form.

I just do "no news is good news" and send quick texts if I need to ask them something.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

thank you for the help I am reconsidering this all together Like the idea of telling a parent that i would be willing to fill one out if they created and printed it

Comment

School Time: (what we did)
                  Circle Time: (what we did)
                  Meals: (how they ate at breakfast, lunch, snack)
                  Potty training: (how they did)
                  Nap time: (how they slept)
                  Illness or injury: (if they were sick or injured)
                  Mood: (what kind of mood were they in)
                  Time out: (if they had a time out)
                  Behavior: (good or bad)
                  Comments: (reminders, etc.)

My baby sheet is much more detailed.

Comment

Working...
                  X