Hi, I'm New and Have a Question - Pajamas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm New and Have a Question - Pajamas

Hello! I'm from Indiana and I'm just looking into getting Licensed as a home child care.

I have a question it might be odd, but I'm watching 2 little girls in the evening. The mom works second shift at a retail place and is hoping to find a day shift somewhere...so I'm hoping she will soon. So I will mostly be watching them till 8:00 pm. Some nights until 11:00 not many.

The mom sent PJ's for them to put on. Do others who watch children till this hour change them into their PJ's? I can understand the nights until 11:00 because they will be sleeping when she comes. But 8:00 she'll be here to get them before they are sleep. (She also has shampoo in the bag, but I don't think that is my place at all to bathe them).

The way I look at it is that I don't change kids clothes during the day, unless soiled in someway. So I don't feel that I need to in the evening when their mom will be here before bed.

What are your thoughts?

Some children have early bed times. I have a couple who go to sleep around 7 or 7:30. As a child our parents sent my sister and I to bed around 7:30 until we were in 4th grade.

I offer 24 hour daycare and the majority of my dc kids are here at night time. I do NOT bathe them, but I do put their jammies on. Even if they're getting picked up at 8 or 9. It's easier on me to get them to calm down and easier for parents too.
    Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

She told me she goes to bed about 8:30. My son (age 3) doesn't go to bed until after 9:00 so we don't start calming down until after 8:00 or 8:30. My husband doesn't come home until after 6:00 so he spends more time with DS with a later bed time. (And that works for us)

Comment

Maybe it's just me. But I don't see the big deal in putting them in the pj's. How old are the 2 girls and what time does the mom drop them off? Couldn't the mom give them a bath in the morning? I don't think I would do the baths though.

Comment

Originally posted by melissa ann View Post
          Maybe it's just me. But I don't see the big deal in putting them in the pj's. How old are the 2 girls and what time does the mom drop them off? Couldn't the mom give them a bath in the morning? I don't think I would do the baths though.
          Just over 1 and 3 1/2. Today she only sent for the 1 year old (she's coming at 8:00 to get them. She dropped then off at 10:30 today.

Comment

I would put the Pajamas on...it wouldn't bother me. And it probably helps her out when she gets home. My kids love to put their Pajamas on about 6:30 even though they dont go to bed until 8:30 or 9. Maybe her kid is the same way. But, I would not give them a bath.

Comment

I did go ahead and put on the pj's. She was so fussy I laid her down already before 8:00 and she's out already.

Comment

I would do the pj's...but not the baths. I believe that is the parents job.

Comment

I had a family that requested I bathe their children when they were here two days a week. They got dropped off at 2p and picked up about midnight. They were always very filthy when they got dropped off. I felt bad not giving them a bath, because they did not have running water at home. They had to go next door to grandparents house. They had a port-a-potty on the premises...

Anyway, I no longer care for these kids and my new rule is I don't bathe any child unless it's absolutely necessary (exploded diaper or the like). Deep down inside I worry about getting into that gray area of "inappropriate touch" and a child's misunderstanding...
                  Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Putting the kid in PJ's can save Mom a lot of headache and hassle....kids get woken up, driven in the car, and then brought in the house, and that way at least they can be put straight into their beds instead wrestling them out of clothes and into PJ's (just wakes them up more, and they may not go back to sleep easily).

The shampoo-bathing....NO WAY, NO HOW. Not a DC providers duty, you're not a nanny. Let mom bathe them unless they have a detonating diaper or the like.
                    Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

First of all welcome!!! Glad to have you join this site! I would not have a problem putting pj's on them. I know with my own kids half the battle is getting them dressed & ready. It probably helps the mom out a lot more than you can imagine.

Comment

The probably fall asleep in the car on the way home and if they are already in pj's she can just pop them right to bed. I would change them, but not bathe them.

Comment

My bathing rule

My bathing guidelines is I will bath a child if they poop thru or vomit.
                          I do 24/7 care also and will bath kids on the grounds that they are in full-time school during the day & here after 9 pm.
                          If they are not in schoolo then there is no reason Mom or Dad can nto do it during the day.
                          I always have another person with me when bathing to verify I can nto be accused of anything.

Comment

Getting the little ones in their pj's is no big deal. It makes things easier for mom, and lets the little ones know its time to settle down. NO BATHS though. Thats mom's job. She can bathe them in the mornings or something. It's impossible to watch other kids appropriately and provide the constant supervision required for safe baths, and liability wise should their ever be accusations of abuse its far safer to avoid anything that could be construed as innappropriate.

Comment

If they are old enough to change into pj's themselves, I'd let them. I would not do it myself. And I would never bathe them. I wouldn't let them shower or bathe here either. Not my job. They can do it in the mornings at home if there's no time at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X