Open on July 4????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open on July 4????

Are any of you open on July 4? My husband just looked at the calendar I printed for our clients and it has July 4 listed as one of our days of being closed. We just opened this week, so he immediately says "You shouldn't close on July 4 because we just opened." He went on to say that several people don't get that day off work and that I should basically suck it up and remain open.
    WTH?????:confused:
    He's seriously irritating me right now!!!!!

So, are you open or closed?

I am open, but the only reason I am is because most of my client own their own retail companies and they dont close.
    Before I had these type of clients I always closed on holidays

You know your clients do you think they need to work on the 4th?
    I think most daycare centers are closed this day

Comment

Are you planning on closing for the 4th in following years? If so, I would definitely take the holiday off. I don't think anyone would find it odd that you're closing for a holiday.

Comment

If they all signed the contract with that holiday on it, then there should be no problem. If you remain open on a major holiday even though your contract says you are closed, be prepared for parents to bring up this allowance EVERY holiday until the end of time. Stick to your contract and remind each parent that you are closed on the 4th and if they need alternative care, they must provide that for their own child (as I am assuming your contract states that as well)

Comment

I will be closed and ON VACATION ::::

I alway s close on major holidays and I don't think it matters that you just opened. July 4th is a national holiday. If we were talking about Good Friday then maybe there would be a little wiggle room but you do not want to start a pattern of inconsitancy so early on.

Close and have a wonderfull day with your family!!!

Comment

If your contract states you are closed, then stick to it. Do not start out by handing favors out to everyone, because it will for sure bite you in the butt!!

Comment

THANK YOU!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I told him... if we do it for this holiday they will expect it everytime we are supposed to close...
              And, yes, it clearly states in my contract and in my policies/handbook (both of which they signed) that we are closed on that day.
              ugh!!!! My hubby needs to take care of his business and stay out of mine! LOL

Comment

yeah I agree. my hubby used to have lots of opinions about how I should run things. It was very annoying since most of the suggestions involved making life harder for me and easier for him. hang in there. things get easier as you go along and it will be an adjustment for both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by 3kidzmama View Post
                  THANK YOU!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I told him... if we do it for this holiday they will expect it everytime we are supposed to close...
                  And, yes, it clearly states in my contract and in my policies/handbook (both of which they signed) that we are closed on that day.
                  ugh!!!! My hubby needs to take care of his business and stay out of mine! LOL
                  You'll find most will agree with your here.

I've always closed on all major holidays.

Comment

I'm closed. I think you should be too.

Comment

Closed for all holidays & you should be too! Really if someone works an unusual schedule they need to have back-up in place.

Comment

Close and enjoy your weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
                          Close and enjoy your weekend.
                          Just put a reminder note on the door... CLOSED on July 4. ::

Comment

I have a dcm who works in the restaurant field and for 2 years her dad also had his grandson in my care. He works in retail. From the day I opened, I listed I am closed for all major holiday. They had to make other arrangements for their kids. Not my problem that is their field of work. I also opended the end of March and in July took a week vacation. I debated on that one, but didn't want to go until the following year for a week off.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                              You'll find most will agree with your here.

I've always closed on all major holidays.
                              LOL!
                              Again from the male perspective:
                              Your husband should be your partner in this and while I agree with what you said to a point about him staying out of "your business" this is sort of both of your's business. I am guessing hehas been involved in helping in some ways up till now. If so he is trying to help I think.
                              Most understand men and women think differently. If he is new to this (I'm so new we are going to day 2 of orientation next Wensd) so he can't possible know the LONG TERM consequences of doing this yet. Luckily you have friends here that have that experience you can council with for guidance. Share these things with your husband and you both learn together.
                              Good luck also on starting your new business.

Comment

Working...
                              X