Water Play And Outside Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Play And Outside Temperature

Is there a minimum temperature at which you'll allow water play to happen, like, if it's cooler than 80, you skip it for the day?
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

For me it's if it's between 20 and 23 (celcius so in the 70'sF) if there is a cool breeze. If it's 23 with a warm breeze than we'll likely go for it. I mostly do a "feel" test by going outside and seeing what it's like.

Comment

I don't go by temp as in numbers, I use common sense. If its breezy and cool then no but if its hot and sweltering then yes.

Comment

80 would be way too cold.

I'd do other water type things at 80... Sometimes I give them a cup with water and a big paint brush to paint on the fence. Or, we (once.. because it was a huge mess) mixed cornstarch with colored water and let them paint with "chalk paint". AGain though, that was such an ordeal to clean off.

Comment

if it's hot out, yes we play either in the sprinkler or in a kiddie pool only about 2 inches deep.

the problem with the pool for me anyways, is that they go in and out in and out, so it gets full of grass and mud quickly. the hose water is so cold that it takes a while to warm up enough that they will go in. so i try and judge best i can first thing in am, fill the pool and let it sit in the sun. but usually by the time it's warm the dogs and kids have already gotten it full of muck that they dont' go in. but they like to throw the balls in and stuff. sometimes if i'm feeling full of energy i bring out buckets of warm/hot tap water and warm it up.

it woudl be nice if i could fill the pool and leave it for a few days. once i get a patio or deck put in the back it'll be much easier to keep it clean.

for me 18 C is the coolest, as long as the sun is out, and no cool breeze/wind. but even then i don't normally do it. days like today i would, but the kids are so tired out they are all sleeping except my oldest ds. there will be no time for pool

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
            :: That's because you live in the desert!

Here on the East Coast, 80 is prime water play weather!

I'd go even cooler if the humidity is really high and it feels really muggy out.

But like the others said - common sense on your part. Do NOT go by what the children say because they'd be outside playing in water at 60* if you let them!

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post

I'd do other water type things at 80... Sometimes I give them a cup with water and a big paint brush to paint on the fence. Or, we (once.. because it was a huge mess) mixed cornstarch with colored water and let them paint with "chalk paint". AGain though, that was such an ordeal to clean off.
              I had this issue last year and I decided taht once they go out they stay out... otherwise I had to end up washing down every single child with the hose and a towel. They would be coverd in mud, grass and lord knows what....

we do water play at anything above 75 here...70, if the sun is out and theres little wind..

Comment

Working...
              X