Swimming Pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming Pools

We love to set up the outdoor swimming pool during the summer but it takes very little time to get dirty. Because the kids like to get out and jump in, grass is filling the pool in very little time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they keep their pool clean or with very little grass in it?

We used to put a big tarp down under ours. If the kids get out they know the rules say "stay on tarp". If they leave tarp, they can't get back in.

Comment

I gave up long ago trying to keep the kiddie pool clean. Now I fill it with a couple of inches of water and dump it twice a day to keep it less gross.

Comment

Chlorene to keep it from getting mucky and a bug net to get the grass out?

Comment

I gave up on preventing debris from getting in. However, they know that if they start throwing in a bunch of things from the yard that I will empty it and they will be done for the day.

Comment

We bought indoor/outdoor carpet - threw it on the deck, threw the pool on it. Stay on the carpet

Comment

Originally posted by bice99 View Post
              We bought indoor/outdoor carpet - threw it on the deck, threw the pool on it. Stay on the carpet
              Did you dump the pool at the end of the day only then? Did the carpet dry fast or does it smell over time? What color was the carpet?

Comment

In the past, I've used small dishwashing pans (plastic tubs) that the kids stepped in before going into the pool. If it is small enough for them to get in and out without a ladder, I would dump in everyday.

Comment

You guys are so lucky! We can have no swimming pools of ANY type. One time I didn't have my plastic sandbox filled yet during an inspection and there had to be the discussion of what was going in it. They thought I was going to put water in it and why hadn't I put the sand in it. Till I had sand in it they asked for it to be covered so if it rained there would be no water filling it.
                  Each day is a fresh start
                  Never look back on regrets
                  Live life to the fullest
                  We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

In my state we can't have pools either. When my dc first opened we had a couple of small plastic waders. A few weeks into summer someone from the state made an unannounced visit and told us we had to dump them out. They were actually making the rounds of all the local dcs to check if there were pools. We now have a sprinkler system set up and the kids love them.

Comment

Working...
                    X