Snakes Are Getting On My Nerves....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakes Are Getting On My Nerves....

I am used to having a few snakes around each year, BUT enough already!!! .

I had to trap and move two king snakes (one looked to be gravid) off my upper deck last week (15 ft off the ground :confused, chase four rat snakes (varying sizes, one multiple times) out of my playground area earlier this week and a few minutes ago was charged by a particularly moody racer. There are shedded snake skins under my bushes in ALL of my flower beds.

I am glad they are here, don't get me wrong. I DO NOT MISS all the timber rattlers that were here when I first moved in. Trapping, storing and getting someone to come pick them up to relocate them was a royal PITA.

It just seems they were put on fertility drugs or something this year!!! ::

Any tricks of the trade out there for keeping them on the other "un-used" acres???
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

this post made me shiver.

Comment

OMG. Where on earth are you? I would move!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
        OMG. Where on earth are you? I would move!!!!
        Nah, I live in a watershed region bordering a national forest. They were here first. I love it here...so quiet and beautiful.

It really is not usually this bad, though. I have no metal lying around, no wood piles and my lawn is manicured to OCD standards most of the time. :confused:
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
          Nah, I live in a watershed region bordering a national forest. They were here first. I love it here...so quiet and beautiful.

It really is not usually this bad, though. I have no metal lying around, no wood piles and my lawn is manicured to OCD standards most of the time. :confused:
          OMG!! If I seen a snake, I would have a heart attack!!!

Comment

I've always had trouble with rattle snakes. So, harmless snakes would make my whole day!

Comment

no snakes

I don't know how you do it.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
                I've always had trouble with rattle snakes. So, harmless snakes would make my whole day!
                I could ship you some.... No not really, jail does not appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                  no snakes

I don't know how you do it.
                  I love reptiles, especially geckos, rhinoceros iguanas and anoles. I even like most snakes (they can keep the hots ) but it does get old.

I have to keep the kids on the deck while I "clear" the playground daily...it is time consuming and continuous. My attention is split between what the kids are doing and what may be lurking. YKWIM?

Now I miss cold weather...::

Comment

I would have packed up and moved by now!!!!!!!

Have you heard about the snake house in Idaho (I think)? It is so infested with snakes that families have had to move out.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post

Have you heard about the snake house in Idaho (I think)? It is so infested with snakes that families have had to move out.
                      OMG!!!!
                      I would DIE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post

YES! I seen it on Yahoo! News the other day! The most disturbing news cast I've ever seen! The family would wake up to them in their pillow cases, in bed, under the bed, in cupboards, in shoes, etc.

Gross, gross, gross! I would have packed up and gone as far away from there as I could!

I don't even know what I would do if I seen a snake on my deck...other than SCREAM of course!::::::

Comment

I have a place in Florida and there are pythons now that get up 10 feet long. People had them as pets and let them go when they are young thinking they should go into the wild. Dangerous to small children to say the least. I think the best thing is to teach the children to be aware of them and to tell you if they see one. Usually even the poisonous ones won't bother you unless you invade their space. I picked up a cotton mouth when I was younger thinking it was not poisonous. Lucky I didn't get bitten. At least you don't have gators.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            I have a place in Florida and there are pythons now that get up 10 feet long. People had them as pets and let them go when they are young thinking they should go into the wild. Dangerous to small children to say the least. I think the best thing is to teach the children to be aware of them and to tell you if they see one. Usually even the poisonous ones won't bother you unless you invade their space. I picked up a cotton mouth when I was younger thinking it was not poisonous. Lucky I didn't get bitten. At least you don't have gators.
                            I miss the gators.....

Yeah, pythons are invading the glades, too. Breaks my heart....that is my "Happy Place"

Comment

Don't know what I would do if I saw a snake in my yard. I thought having 2 brown recluses in my house within a week of eachother was bad. Scary!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X