What Do You Do To Make It Through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmandasFCC View Post
    I like throwing a bunch of glue and random art supplies on the table and letting the kids have at 'er and just stand back and drink coffee on those days .
    Big blankets. a bag of clothes pins and the dining room table and chairs work pretty good too! My kids love me to build them forts. If school aged kids are involved, put them on the task.

Definately start of summer crazies! It will get better, tgif!

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      This week I have to say has been the worst week of DC in all my years. Too much to vent about, but I am feeling so low, disrespected, burnt out, stressed and walked on by both the parents and the kids.

I have never said I don't want to do this any more, I can't stand this, or even anything close to this ever........that is until this week.

What do you ladies do to make it through tough times. I feel like I am trying to row with a missing ore.......................ugh
      I hope u have a better day today! Remember it's Friday u are alomost done!

As for dealing with disrespectful parents I took the advise given from u ladies a while ago and finally termed 1 this week! It's really gonna hurt my finances but I just couldn't take the BS anymore. I would rather struggle with finances then lose my self respect and go insane.

As for the kids when they are just out of hand with disrespect I do a group time out and have them calm down and go over each rule having them repeat it. I don't get too much group disrespect these days. I set my rules to a song and they sing it every morning at circle time so I think it got pounded into their little minds.

When the kids are just too hyper I try to get them outside as long as possible let them burn it off, tire them out. If nothing else I think it's ok to put in a video, even a long one if need be. We have to keep our sanity and stay sharp mentally for these kids so if that means dropping the routine for a video once in a while then so be it! Sit back and relax with an iced tea and take a few well deserved minutes for yourself.

Don't foget to make time for yourself in the evening. I know I feel like a hypocrite saying that because I don't have time for myself but I am open into the evening. Take a bubble bath and watch a good movie. Hope u feel better!

Comment

Originally posted by spud912 View Post
        My problem is with my own child (the oldest). I wish I could blame the parents for her bad behavior
        Just go into the bathroom, look in the mirror and tell her what you think!::
        When you are done you will feel much better; and the "parent" will know exactly what needs to change!

Lmao!

And now seriously, I have done this myself and although I already knew what I did or didn't do to provoke me to be that upset with myself the truth is after feeling silly about talking to myself in the mirror; I did feel better because I got off my chest what was bothering me by transferring my feelings to me in the mirror. He is me, yes but when we face each other it becomes me and the man in the mirror. I beat myself up a lot for many different reasons. It is hard to require very high standards of ones self then not live up to your own expectations. If I couldn't sometimes take those frustrations out on the man in the mirror I expect I truly would hate me for letting myself down so often.

Comment

Another thought.
          Some suggest having a drink (or maybe a few drinks) to help ease the pain. I drank before and did just that. First wife caused it daily as she replaced me and fell in love with another while I worked day and night. I drank trying to numb myself. I realize this isn't the same thing but drinking NEVER helped FIX the problems it just temporarily numbed me that I could cope. Until the next morning when the problems where still there.
          Everyone blamed the drinking being the cause of our marriage problems when in fact the problems were causing the drinking. I quit drinking completely early 1994 and although life has almost destroyed me a couple of times I stayed faithful and sober.
          Friends have tried to "persuade" me to drink with them; you know if you are my friend you'll take a drink with me".
          The devil was testing me, and I held fast. I don't condemn people who drink for drinking (I did it) but there are NO solutions in the can or bottle.
          If you feel compelled to have a drink thinking that will makes things better I assure you it will not.

Comment

Working...
          X