Infants Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infants Outdoors

Can anyone post pictures or give ideas for an outdoor infant play area? I don't have a porch, but I do have plenty of grass & cement. I don't have a completely enclosed yard. Does anyone use outdoor rugs? Do they get hot?

How much space is enough for 2 crawlers?

I'm sure there are other threads. Can anyone link me to some?

The cheapest, easiest way to make your own instant, temporary Infant play yard is to buy those resin/plastic wading pools and a play umbrella you can hammer into the ground beside it.

Use one for each infant and fill with their favorite toys. It is easy to clean and keeps them from "escaping" their safe zone. Easy storage for next year as well.

I like to fill them with ball pit balls the most. Easy clean up and the biggest bang for your buck.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

my baby area outside:

ETA- it works very well! The red plastic has since faded, but the mats hold up over winter! I had a tent cover type thing over it but it broke in a storm, might put up again- helps keep the bird poo away!
      Attached Files

Comment

Mom of two- do you keep it up all the time? Take it down at night/weekends? Looks great.

Comment

Thanks- it is up all the time! Through all 4 seasons- filled with snow in the winter, . It has all faded a little, but still good! I do currently have a 14 month old who likes to try to push it around- am transitioning him to playing outside it with the bigger kids, but on occasion he needs to be contained. Has been nice- the little ones have space to play and not getting into things!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom_of_two View Post
            my baby area outside:

ETA- it works very well! The red plastic has since faded, but the mats hold up over winter! I had a tent cover type thing over it but it broke in a storm, might put up again- helps keep the bird poo away!
            That's really nice!

My babies get a blanket in the shade and some toys, ! If they are more mobile I have a walker on the patio that they get around in and if really need to corral them I break out my superyard. I don't leave anything up permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
              The cheapest, easiest way to make your own instant, temporary Infant play yard is to buy those resin/plastic wading pools and a play umbrella you can hammer into the ground beside it
              This a really good idea, I never thought of doing that! I have two under the deck right now...

Comment

my baby area outside:

So it never moves? So the grass is just dead in that area?

Comment

Yep, grass is dead. So when we move we will have to re seed it. That is the drawback, I suppose, but worth it for me. Not hard to grow grass! Once I made the mistake of lifting up one of the mats- EW! bugs, worms- lots going on under there, .

Comment

Mom of Two - Where did you get the gates? Your idea looks perfect for my very movable infant.

Catherder - That's perfect! I ordered some of the pools and balls today!

Great ideas! Thanks!

Comment

Am I the only one which just plops them in the grass? LOL. As soon as they are able to sit unassisted I just let them play on the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by JenNJ View Post
                        Am I the only one which just plops them in the grass? LOL. As soon as they are able to sit unassisted I just let them play on the lawn.
                        I do it too!
                        Celebrate! ::

Comment

my baby area outside:

Are those the mats from Sams? I just bought them myself and wondered how they would hold up outside with the rain and other weather. Great baby area!

Comment

My problem with "young crawlers" is my yard. We moved in Jan, this year. They back yard has many pine trees. It had not been raked in 13 years (according to the neighbor next door). So we have very little grass, just an area about 10' wide, close to the house.

Most of my yard is dirt with the bits and pieces of left over pine needles. The littles are constantly trying to eat it. So I need some place to put them until they are old enough to know not to "eat the ground" ::

Comment

Nope! I do as well Once they are old enough to move around then they do that, too I have a play yard, but most my older infants don't like to be contained. I have the pack and play for really young kiddos as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X