No announcement yet.

New One for Me - Sleep Makes Them Grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New One for Me - Sleep Makes Them Grow?

I had a mom ask me if her 23 mo old could start taking two naps a day because her cosusin does and he is taller. She thinks her precious one will grow taller if she gets a second nap,.....

my response,.. so you think genetics has no bearing on it? But height is a sleep issue? she just said, well lets try it. I said,.. ok, Ill nap her from noon to 2,.. then 4 to 530.

that is crazy, but oh well. good luck getting him to nap 2 times a day though.

Comment

Oh I would not do that

If that was the only child in my care...I guess I would give it a try at moms request. But I keep the kids on a routine and they all nap at the same time. (I dont take babies). I dont see how an almost 2-year old is going to need 2 naps a day. Why not one nap (along with the other kids) and he/she can sleep longer if needed?

Comment

Ya that will last till the kid does not want to sleep at nite

Comment

Are you serious? Two naps so the kid will possibly grow taller?! That is so absurd. Following that logic, my kids would be taking 2 naps til high school (my kids inherited the short genes). How did you manage not to laugh at the mom?

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat View Post
            Are you serious? Two naps so the kid will possibly grow taller?! That is so absurd. Following that logic, my kids would be taking 2 naps til high school (my kids inherited the short genes). How did you manage not to laugh at the mom?
            It was NOT easy,..

Comment

I would have laughed and said you are kidding right?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa daycare View Post
                I would have laughed and said you are kidding right?

Wow! LOL!

Comment

I guess, like I always say "you meet all kinds!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X