Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 5th

Are you open or closed?

I closed this year b/c I figured kids would be out late with parents and I did not want to deal with that the next morning.

1 family complained, "gee I wish I had your schedule." Try it for a week sister, I doubt it.

Open. I don't even close when a "little" holiday like that is on a weekend. My families mostly work retail and me taking off the little holidays is a bit of an annoyance for them as they don't get the days off.

Besides, with the holiday on a Monday, most of the celebrations are likely to be on Saturday or Sunday night, so it's not necessarily true that all the kiddos will be out late.
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I am closed but only because I am off the 4,5,6 this year as a vacation otherwise I would be open too.

Comment

Whatever week the 4th of July falls in is my week off in the summer. We spend the whole week on the lake and I don't think of daycare for one single second!!

Comment

Any holiday that lands on a Saturday is taken the Friday before. Any holiday that lands on a Sunday is taken Monday.

That's usually how business do it so I do it the same.

Comment

I'm just closed on the 4th.

Comment

I will be open July the 5th.

I am already closed Monday the 4th and could not justify closing Tuesday, too.

The actual Holiday is paid, but the following day would not be.

The 3 day weekend is just enough for family fun without losing income.
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Whatever week the 4th of July falls in is my week off in the summer. We spend the whole week on the lake and I don't think of daycare for one single second!!
                Same here! It conserves precious vacation days, too.

Comment

I am open ... however, my vacation starts that Thursday so I'll just be open 2 days

Comment

I'm closed, paid holiday. I have Christmas and 4th of July stated that if it falls on Sunday-Thurs. I'm off the next day as well. I figure we will be out late with Fireworks and so will they.

Comment

I will not be open this year, but normally I am open. I do not personally think that not wanting to deal with cranky kids is a good reason to close. If that were the case I wouldn't open any day! Or have my own kids.

Comment

I normally would be open on the 5th, but not this year. I'm now taking that whole week off for my vacation.

Comment

Open! I bet fireworks will be over the weekend anyways, at least if I remember correctly that's normally how they do it when the day falls on a week day.

Comment

I have it off as one of my paid holidays. None of my parents have ever said anything about it--maybe because my rates are so (too, I have come to realize) low. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                              I normally would be open on the 5th, but not this year. I'm now taking that whole week off for my vacation.
                              Me too. Normally I am open because I take vacation other times in the year. This year it happens to be the week (or one of the weeks) we are vacationing.

Comment

Working...
                              X