Who Provides All Extra Clothes, Etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Provides All Extra Clothes, Etc.?

I'm thinking about changing my policies so that the only thing coming each day is the child (and 5 diapers on Monday to send the kids home in). They could also have ONE small lovie for nap time.

I will provide nap mats/blankets and changes of clothes.

I'm just getting a little overrun with bedding (favorite blanket, pillow, etc.), clothes, toys from home (I only allow toys from home if they share but it's getting hard to keep track of), etc.

I'm thinking about a trip to the thrift store to buy shorts/sweats/tshirts and I'll mark DAYCARE on the tag and use those for accidents. I'd then just ask the parents bring back the clothes the next day.

It'll save so much room and headache.

How many of you provide EVERYTHING for the kids? What do you do about underwear?

I just don't know how much the parents would love the kids coming home in my clothes but it's just so hard keeping track. Especially with so many girls and them all wearing the same size.

Honestly, some people could probably pull it off without a hitch, but you'll find a lot of clothes will not come back.

You can limit the stuff coming each day though if that's an issue. Only what is required for daycare can come to daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by SunflowerMama View Post
      I'm thinking about changing my policies so that the only thing coming each day is the child (and 5 diapers on Monday to send the kids home in). They could also have ONE small lovie for nap time.

I will provide nap mats/blankets and changes of clothes.

I'm just getting a little overrun with bedding (favorite blanket, pillow, etc.), clothes, toys from home (I only allow toys from home if they share but it's getting hard to keep track of), etc.

I'm thinking about a trip to the thrift store to buy shorts/sweats/tshirts and I'll mark DAYCARE on the tag and use those for accidents. I'd then just ask the parents bring back the clothes the next day.

It'll save so much room and headache.

How many of you provide EVERYTHING for the kids? What do you do about underwear?

I just don't know how much the parents would love the kids coming home in my clothes but it's just so hard keeping track. Especially with so many girls and them all wearing the same size.
      They will LOVE the kids coming home in your clothes especially if they are nice fitting EASY on clothes like sweats and t-shirts. They will keep them the vast majority of the time. It's a LOT of work to get them back and you will hear some stories you NEVER dreamt possible on where the clothes are and what happened to them.

Then one day when DAD gets the kid dressed he will bring the kid in your clothes. They will be worn and faded and look NOTHING like they did the day you sent them out the door.

When Mom comes to pick up you will have a quick... really quick flash facial expression on her face. That "ooops got caught" look. Then she will say "oh Daddy FOUND them... I've been looking for them. YAY ;-)

Have them bring a few sets of spare clothes to keep at your house. When you are down to one outfit ask for the spares back or wash and keep what you took the kid out of. If you are down to one outfit DON'T send the clothes the kid came in home.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Parents provide everything here but it is limited to what can fit in a regular sized diaper bag (this after a parent would bring roll luggage each day for their child!) No toys from home, one sippie, one lovey, one binky, a change of clothes and diapers for the day. I leave blankets in each pack n play for the older ones that can handle that. They each bring a sack lunch and I do two snacks per day. This is what works for me. You might consider limiting as much as possible and then decide on the clothing and stuff after that. Each of the kids here has a cubby and if it doesn't fit in there, it doesn't stay at daycare. Down the road, when I have kids on nap mats, I will provide all bedding and such, again limit on one lovey item. By the time they are preschool age, all they bring is a sack lunch and leave one emergency change of clothing here. I wean off bottles, pacis, loveys as I see fit. I don't care what the parents do at home with that as long as they don't bring that stuff here.

Comment

Parents provide stuff, but it gets left here. Changes of clothes get sent home when soiled and the parents bring replacements the next day. I also have insisted on having boots, light jackets, etc left here for sloppy days, chilly days, days when it's spitting rain...
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I have to say I agree with those posters. I will not provide clothes for the daycare kids. I would say the parents will need to bring extra clothes and underwear.

To be honest, I wouldn't provide used underpants for the daycare kids or my kids that I think it is disgusting.

Comment

I think that would take a lot more work to pull off. Maybe keep a couple of generic (boy/girl) sweatshirts for outside play.

Have each child bring 2 or 3 outfits in a ziploc bag. Make sure they are labeled. Either wash the dirty outfits and keep them or send them home and have the parents bring a fresh one the next day.

Ask each parent to bring a small blanket for nap time. One that isn't to be transported back and forth. It stays and you wash it over the weekend.

As for toys.......do not be responsible for any toys that are brought. I prefer that no toys are brought from home. I am not responsible for any toy, whether it be lost or broken. Nor will I hunt for it at the end of the day. It should have stayed in the car.

Comment

I provide diapers, bottles, cups, bedding for naps and such. I ask the parents to bring a couple changes of clothes to leave here and I put them in clear shoebox containers with their name. If the child soils an outfit while here I change them into one of the spares and I will wash the dirty ones and place in the shoebox for next time.

I also have a shelf for them to put diaper bags coats and any "extras" they bring. I find special toys cause too much trouble to be used during the day. I will let them use for naps though. Most parents stop bringing them after a day or two.

Comment

It's funny you just brought this up because I just wrote a blog about it. I was going to wait until next week to put it up but I'll see if we can get it up today.

My all time EVER favorite "bring stuff from home" story was a provider who had a kid bring in a hefty bag with a couch cushion in it. ::::::::::::::::::
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

what?!? what was the couch cushion for???

Comment

at the beginning of each season, i have the parents bring me a week's worth of outfits to keep here. i have one of those 3 drawer plastic things on wheels, and i can fit two kiddos stuff in each one.

i dont even bother sending dirty stuff home anymore, its too hard to get replacements. i labeled everything w/ the kiddos name, and i just keep it and wash it when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                        It's funny you just brought this up because I just wrote a blog about it. I was going to wait until next week to put it up but I'll see if we can get it up today.

My all time EVER favorite "bring stuff from home" story was a provider who had a kid bring in a hefty bag with a couch cushion in it. ::::::::::::::::::
                        That's one that I haven't seen before.

Comment

I had a parent bring 10 sippy cups for one days worth of drinks. All color coded for each type of drink for 2 kids!! Those kids better have all those liquids gone or they were in trouble when Mom got back at the end of the day!!!! TRUE story!!!
                          I have an old sweater cabinet. It has a 5 boxy drawers. Each kid has a drawer and Mom bring diapers and one change of clothes. Some parents leave a sweatshirt or swim suit depending on the weather.

Comment

When a child begins care I have them bring two of each kind of outfit- warm and cold since it can be either here on any day. They also bring a couple extra pairs of undies/pull ups and/or any infant creams needed. I keep them in the basement near the changing area in a large ziploc bag with their name on it. Periodically, I bring the bags up to the entry and make parents sort through what will still fit or what needs replacing. If they have nothing left I have a few spares but not often. They are junk ones from garage sales so mom/dad wont want to keep them anyway.

When kids arrive they bring nothing in. Except on Mondays when they bring their washed blanket for the week. Friday they go home. Rarely, they get forgotten at home and then I use some spare blankets Monday.

Comment

Do you have cubbies? Target has a 12 compartment shelf that they sell inserts for. The shelf is under 50 bucks, the inserts are 6 bucks each. Extra clothes, SMALL pillow, SMALL blanket and a cuddly all fit well in the 12"x12" spots. Perfect. Love 'em! I have a bag of extra clothes in an emergency, all donated by parents. Girl X outgrows a dress, Mom X donates it because it fits Girl Z now. Parents are GLAD to donate outgrown items.

Comment

Working...
                              X