Is It Just Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I explained that she kept throwing up, thinking she hadn't understood that part. Again she blamed the wood stove and not taking her Claritin.
    I have in my illness policy 24 hour exclusion if there is vomiting for ANY reason. With that it becomes a non-issue, they go home no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Daycare Mommy View Post
      I have in my illness policy 24 hour exclusion if there is vomiting for ANY reason. With that it becomes a non-issue, they go home no matter what.
      THis is what I say as well!! I am a nurse, and still sometimes parents give excuse after excuse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daycare Mommy View Post
        AGREED! I've terminated a few of these. IMO this is not the kind of job you can just ignore that lack of trust. This was just vomiting. Imagine if it had been a broken arm. They blame you for that and it's a lot more than just insulting. If they've settled in and had ample opportunity to get to know you and they still don't trust that you do the most basic childproofing, then I'd have a talk with them that would most likely end in 2 weeks notice.
        Yes, they are now gone actually. I coudn't get past this. I was always worried about something happening. She was part time so I found a full timer and used that as my termination reason. Mom is too cheap to pay full time so I knew it would work out!
        Last edited by Michael; 02-10-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
            Yes, they are now gone actually. I coudn't get past this. I was always worried about something happening. She was part time so I found a full timer and used that as my termination reason. Mom is too cheap to pay full time so I knew it would work out!
            Good for you!!! COngrats!!!

Comment

Daycare Owner

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
              So today I had a child wake up from nap and within 5 minutes began throwing up. That is the only thing I wont deal with. They are not allowed to stay in care if they throw up. So I called mom and she asked me what she got into. Are you kidding me? I was insulted. I fealt like being a smart a$$ but I bit my tongue and said, nothing this is just the time of year for stomach bugs. So then her sister wakes up and immediately begins to throw up. Mom gets here shortly after and ask the girls, what did you get into. They of course said nothing. I told mom again, it's just that time of year. She says, well I don't know anyone else that is sick right now. I fealt like saying have you not been to the stores lately?? They could have picked it up there. I just simply told her that all my cabinets are locked and she is free to look around. She said, oh no I know that. Maybe I took it wrong but I was very insulted she would ask me that and then ask the girls as if I was lying. How would you take this?
              I know just what you are saying, childcare is easy its the parents that make it hard.

Comment

Working...
              X