Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable High Chair.....

Here's what I have....

A new baby starting on Monday. A current 14 month old who still sits in a high chair. But, I only have ONE high chair.

I have No kitchen table, so no booster seats.

All the other kids sit at a plastic Ikea table, or a picnic table together... everything is kid table height.

So, I need something that doesn't take up a lot of space, but doesn't require a kitchen chair to sit on.

My other option is, to put the 14 month old at the Ikea table and tie him to a chair with a baby holder inner thing. (AKA velcro strap) He'd clear everybody elses plate for a while, but eventually he'd learn some table manners.

Any favorite chairs? Or should I just train him at the table?

I usually move kids from the high chair to the kids' table as soon as they can sit up well on their own. I have a kid-height table with chairs and for kids who are too young to sit without buckles I have resteraunt-style wood high chairs that I have cut down and stabilized so they can be at the table with the rest of the kids. By the time they are eating finger foods they are usually pros at table manners.

At this point with your 14 month old I'd probably change him to the kids' table with snack time or during an activity and then work toward sitting there all the time.

Comment

I have 2 folding high chairs. They cost about $35 each and I think they are sooo worth it!

Couple of things to keep in mind:
      - they do have a weight limit
      - they are smaller than other high chairs, so although that means they take up less room, they also are built smaller so if you have a large kid it might not work
      - they are not as sturdy as the other high chairs
      - the feeding tray is small (but it's perfect for toddlers!)

I use it when we have a large group and I use it for my 21 mos old DD when she refuses to sit at her chair during meals.

Comment

I would get your 14 month old trained at the table with the other children first. Try your best. How old is the new baby going to be? If they're a newborn-3 months you'll have a little more time to transition as you will not need the highchair at the same time.

We have a bucket-seat table for infants and young toddlers. We usually transition around age 2 because we have so many older kids at the big table we can only fit one maybe two more and we're stuffed full. Last week we transitioned one boy who just turned 2, but only looks like he's 18 months and acts that way as well. It was VERY tough because every 5 seconds he stood up to walk away with his food, but after a week of sitting next to him keeping him on the chair he only gets up about 3 times during meal time. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X