Parents Who Seem Bossy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Who Seem Bossy

How do u handle clients that simply had NO manners at all? I overlook the lack of thank u for gifts and such but the basic daily manners is really starting to get to me.

I have a problem and normally I would just blow it off and do as requested but this problem is from the same DCM that I had issues with yesterday and the broken nic/nacs.

I watched for her today to see what she would do when she got here. I told her yesterday to make sure she has the kids hands when she comes to my door. I'm peeking out my window when she arrived this morning.She opened up her car door and told the kids go up the steps. The kids come up the steps alone while she is still at the car. The kids try to run to the end of the porch as usual and they are greeted by all of my porch chairs lined up blocking access! ::

DCM comes to the steps with the carseats. She flings them over the gate and dropped them in the yard. She comes up the steps and the kids point to the chairs. DCM said "oh she blocked it huh" I opened the door and greeted them with smiles. DCM comes in and says she put the car seats down in the yard because DCD will be picking them up. I tell her "ok but maybe u should put them on the porch in case it rains." (its been raining a lot here) She said "nah they will be fine". I said "ok but if it rains I won't be able to rush out with a house full of kids." She just went on signing them in and changed teh subject. She stayed about 10 minutes until I told her she had to go so we could get breakfast and start working on her Mothers Day gift. That pleased her of course, and she left. I watched her walk down the steps and lean over to get the seats. She drops it back down and walks away.

I get the kids breakfast and just sit down to eat mine when she texts me. "Go put the car seats on the porch incase it rains"

EXCUSE ME??? OMG I am so mad, GO... Not, will u please??? AND I warned her it might rain and she didn't care! She even changed her mind and dropped them back in the yard instead of bringing them to the porch when she left, the lazy ass! I am just sick of her crap and these past 2 days take the cake!

I told her I wouldn't be able to leave the kids in the house and run out to bring the car seats up. What if 1 of the kids get hurt while I'm outside? What if 1 follows me out and falls down the steps while I'm picking up the car seats? Many things can happen. I thought maybe when the kids take a nap at 1:00 I could run down and grab them but I admit I feel a litte spite right now just because of the rudeness she has been showing and now she basically demanded I do something.

I probably will go get them at nap time just so the kids dont have to sit in wet seats (if it rains) But what if it rains before then? She will be mad! What would u do? Would u trust the kids (all toddlers) to sit still while u run out down the steps and grab them from the yard? I never text her a reply back either. I want to tell her "No I will not because I warned u that it might rain and I couldn't leave the kids and u chose to leave them there" What would u guys say and do?

I would just text her back saying: I'll see if I can get someone to come over and put them up. I can't leave the kids. If you know anyone who can come go ahead and send them.

Then just leave them.

If she asks say "I wasn't able to get someone to come either".
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I like nannydes answer. It puts the responsibility right back on her where it belongs. I would waste time worrying about it. Apparently she didn't care enough about them to put them where they wouldn't get wet. I would take a really long look at Is her crap worth the money. For me the answer would be no.

Comment

Originally posted by PitterPatter View Post
        How do u handle clients that simply had NO manners at all? I overlook the lack of thank u for gifts and such but the basic daily manners is really starting to get to me.

I have a problem and normally I would just blow it off and do as requested but this problem is from the same DCM that I had issues with yesterday and the broken nic/nacs.

I watched for her today to see what she would do when she got here. I told her yesterday to make sure she has the kids hands when she comes to my door. I'm peeking out my window when she arrived this morning.She opened up her car door and told the kids go up the steps. The kids come up the steps alone while she is still at the car. The kids try to run to the end of the porch as usual and they are greeted by all of my porch chairs lined up blocking access.

DCM comes to the steps with the carseats. She flings them over the gate and dropped them in the yard. She comes up the steps and the kids point to the chairs. DCM said "oh she blocked it huh" I opened the door and greeted them with smiles. DCM comes in and says she put the car seats down in the yard because DCD will be picking them up. I tell her "ok but maybe u should put them on the porch in case it rains." (its been raining a lot here) She said "nah they will be fine". I said "ok but if it rains I won't be able to rush out with a house full of kids." She just went on signing them in and changed teh subject. She stayed about 10 minutes until I told her she had to go so we could get breakfast and start working on her Mothers Day gift. That pleased her of course, and she left. I watched her walk down the steps and lean over to get the seats. She drops it back down and walks away.

I get the kids breakfast and just sit down to eat mine when she texts me. "Go put the car seats on the porch incase it rains"

EXCUSE ME??? OMG I am so mad, GO... Not, will u please??? AND I warned her it might rain and she didn't care! She even changed her mind and dropped them back in the yard instead of bringing them to the porch when she left, the lazy ass! I am just sick of her crap and these past 2 days take the cake!

I told her I wouldn't be able to leave the kids in the house and run out to bring the car seats up. What if 1 of the kids get hurt while I'm outside? What if 1 follows me out and falls down the steps while I'm picking up the car seats? Many things can happen. I thought maybe when the kids take a nap at 1:00 I could run down and grab them but I admit I feel a litte spite right now just because of the rudeness she has been showing and now she basically demanded I do something.

I probably will go get them at nap time just so the kids dont have to sit in wet seats (if it rains) But what if it rains before then? She will be mad! What would u do? Would u trust the kids (all toddlers) to sit still while u run out down the steps and grab them from the yard? I never text her a reply back either. I want to tell her "No I will not because I warned u that it might rain and I couldn't leave the kids and u chose to leave them there" What would u guys say and do?
        Leave them exactly where she left them (and HOPE it rains!)::

If she gets mad....remind her that you mentioned something this morning and she wasn't bothered then. Tell her that when you got her text you were much too busy and it was dangerous to leave the children unattended. Better a wet car seat than an injured child.

This woman has GOT to be MADE to take responsibility. She likes to brush it all off on you. You are responsible for her children while in your care...not their carseats that SHE left in the yard. She is treating you like a servant.

I know you said you don't want the kids to have to sit in wet seats. And I feel for the poor little guys. But that is what she is counting on. It will be unpleasant, but it won't kill them to sit in a wet seat. SHE will have to listen to them whine and SHE will have to dry the seats out. SHE will have to dry the kids clothes. Maybe then...she will learn some manners and treat you better.

DON'T GIVE HER A CHOICE.

Comment

I can not believe that she just left carseats laying in your yard! I really can't even wrap my head around a parent flinging the carseats out of the car and leaving them in the yard....let alone asking me to pick them up!!!!!

Comment

oooohhhh!! I have been a "lurker" on this forum for awhile,I posted only one other time,but THIS makes me mad.Please do not touch those seats.Tell her exactly why too-"I asked you to move them and you said no,so that was your choice" Do not take another second of this lady's crap.You wouldn't put up with this behavior and disrespect from the kids so don't put up with it from her.And yes,make her pay for the knick knacks they broke yesterday.I'm not sure why but I'm all worked up!!!

Comment

I agree with the other posts here!! Some parents just drive me NUTS!!!!!

Comment

Personally, I would not have responded at all. If the seats get wet it isn't your fault. If you give in and do as she TOLD you to do, then you are only opening the door for further orders of things you must do per her instructions. I do not play that game. SHE put the seats where they are...SHE can deal with it.

This is a classic case of a parent who feels you are employed by her and in my world that does not fly......

If you do not think you can actually call her out on her bad manners/behavior then I would simply do what you have always done and completely disregard her current and future instructions. I would treat this situation no differently than I would as if I were dealing with a child.

Comment

I am just waiting for the few naysayers to say that you are being petty and that you can spare 30 seconds when the children are sleeping to go get the seats etc etc etc.

NOT THE POINT.
                  You should NEVER allow someone to treat you like a doormat in your own home. Would it kill you to get the carseats? No. If the kids are sleeping when you do it...everybody should be just fine.
                  NOT THE POINT.

The point is that you are not this womans servant. Your home is not her home. She is rude and ignorant and you should not have to just grin and take it.

I would either sit her down with a list of what she's done and tell her you are ticked and she'd better shape up....or just term her. She should not be allowed to continue to act this way in your home.

Comment

Originally posted by sassysue View Post
                    oooohhhh!! I have been a "lurker" on this forum for awhile,I posted only one other time,but THIS makes me mad.Please do not touch those seats.Tell her exactly why too-"I asked you to move them and you said no,so that was your choice" Do not take another second of this lady's crap.You wouldn't put up with this behavior and disrespect from the kids so don't put up with it from her.And yes,make her pay for the knick knacks they broke yesterday.I'm not sure why but I'm all worked up!!!
                    I know what you mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                      Personally, I would not have responded at all. If the seats get wet it isn't your fault. If you give in and do as she TOLD you to do, then you are only opening the door for further orders of things you must do per her instructions. I do not play that game. SHE put the seats where they are...SHE can deal with it.

This is a classic case of a parent who feels you are employed by her and in my world that does not fly......

If you do not think you can actually call her out on her bad manners/behavior then I would simply do what you have always done and completely disregard her current and future instructions. I would treat this situation no differently than I would as if I were dealing with a child.
                      YES!!!! This right here. She is attempting to let you know your "place." Leave the seats, so she can find HER place.

Comment

Not sure if you are licensed or not....but if licensing pulled up right as you were moving the seats and therefore know the kids were alone....you are looking at serious consequences.

Is this parent worth that?

Comment

so annoying to put you in that spot. A soaked car seat is a safety hazard because if it really rained hard, the straps could be compromised (you are never supposed to immerse car seat straps in water).

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't allow her blatant disrespect to occur one more time. At pick up time today I'd be handing her a letter stating all of her episodes and give her a firm warning that if it occurs again, you will have no choice but to terminate services.

I am NOT one to terminate, but I would NEVER allow a parent to treat me the way this parent is treating you. If she values you as the provider of her children, she will change her ways.

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
                              so annoying to put you in that spot. A soaked car seat is a safety hazard because if it really rained hard, the straps could be compromised (you are never supposed to immerse car seat straps in water).
                              That's a good point cheer.

I don't know anything about car seats. I didn't think about that.
                              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Working...
                              X