Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Been Trying To Praise More Than Tell Them No...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Been Trying To Praise More Than Tell Them No...

but man is that hard! My group consists of mostly about that 2 year old boy range. And they just don't listen. At all. I am constantly redirecting them. I have read the 1-2-3 Magic book, would you suggest any other books? Or do I just need to settle on the fact that 2 year old boys just don't listen? Ugh! Been a long day and it isn't even 10 AM yet! Thank goodness the weather is good!

Just saw this thread, i know its old, but i'm having the same issue. I have all boys under 2 and its getting so hard not using the word 'no'. I have to get the realization that they are toddler boys! Ughhhh its going to be a LONG winter inside with all these boys!

Comment

It is hard sometimes but eventually it becomes so much of a habit that you will be telling your husband and older children to "use their words" and "use walking feet." Lol! Kids latch on to the last part of what we say. So when we say: "don't jump!" They really process: "Jump!" Ha!! And eventually they just ignore "no." I just always try to tell what I DO want them to do. "Please put your feet on the floor." "Please only eat food off YOUR plate." Etc! I worked at a center for years where we were not allowed to say "No" except in emergency situations. And, truly, it works. But, it IS hard to do sometimes.

Comment

Working...
      X