What Now? Advice Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Now? Advice Please...

One of my parents gave me a bad report on my evaluation form, made a few comments and I know she did it because she was mad at me.
    So,what do I do now? Also she marked that " they do not wish to have a conference at this time"
    I just feel bad, knowing that they feel that way about my services.
    It never happened to me in 5 years,so what is my next step?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Michael; 05-03-2011, 03:50 PM.

is this at a home daycare or a facility?

Comment

What is she mad about?

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
        is this at a home daycare or a facility?
        It is Home,and last week I made a comment to parents about morning messy diapers,so mom was not happy about it and did not talk to me for 2 days.

Comment

Did you assure her it was anonymous?
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

why did you pass out evaluation forms?
            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Ugh I am sorry that is awful, and very cowardly of her to say negative things and not want to discuss them. However, by her doing that it must not be that bad!!!
              I would perhaps write an email to each parent thanking them for the feedback and the time spent doing so- on hers I would address her concerns and please ask for at least a follow up email.. Say it is important that all are pleased with your service and you are willing to work together to make it happen. IF she doesn't respond disregard her evaluation- and I would be tempted to give her warning or term her you don't need childish behavior from adults

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                why did you pass out evaluation forms?
                Because it is time for my re-evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                  Did you assure her it was anonymous?
                  About what??? messy diapers? I put a note on a daily paper,she was first to pick up,she asked if he comes messy,I said yes,and asked her to check him before taking him here. She said that, they do check and that he must doing it on a way here,( next door neighbor)

Comment

Originally posted by Liliya View Post
                    About what??? messy diapers? I put a note on a daily paper,she was first to pick up,she asked if he comes messy,I said yes,and asked her to check him before taking him here. She said that, they do check and that he must doing it on a way here,( next door neighbor)
                    I am thinking I came off wrong. Sorry, I am having a rough morning with a sick dog.

Did you assure her the evaluation form was anonomous or is her name on it.

If her name is on it then it is completely appropriate to talk to her about it.

If not your hands may be tied. YKWIM?
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                      I am thinking I came off wrong. Sorry, I am having a rough morning with a sick dog.

Did you assure her the evaluation form was anonomous or is her name on it.

If her name is on it then it is completely appropriate to talk to her about it.

If not your hands may be tied. YKWIM?
                      Her name on it,

Comment

why do you need to re evaluate yourself, I think thats the part I don't understand. Are you not sure of what you are doing. I've never heard of people doing this. I have too many coming and going to be bothered with this. I think you need to get rid of it and have and open policy with parents instead.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
                          why do you need to re evaluate yourself, I think thats the part I don't understand. Are you not sure of what you are doing. I've never heard of people doing this. I have too many coming and going to be bothered with this. I think you need to get rid of it and have and open policy with parents instead.
                          This is for a State,,I think I should have at least one, just for my Licensor to see that parents had an opportunity to evaluate my child care.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
                            I agree. Get rid of the added paperwork (goodness knows we have enough!) and deal with the parents face to face.

Comment

Here's my thought...

If they are a current client, why would you pass out evaluation forms? They are obviously continuously paying you so if there were a "true" problem, they wouldn't pay you. They would just provide you with a termination notice and move on.

I only provide a small questionaire to clients that are leaving (and I provide it to them on their last day at departure time). It is 3 questions. It basically has them list why they are leaving, if they would return and if we can use them as a referral. .

I wouldn't worry about a bad evaluation...especially if you are the only one that is going to see it.

If I did an evaluation form, I guarantee 1 parent each month would put something smart on there. It's because I don't deal with the BS parents have to toss my way. I manage to stay at full capacity and they may not like me because of a particular rule or I call them out on something. ::::

Comment

Working...
                              X