Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Presents

Hi!
    I was wondering what everyone was giving their daycare kiddos for xmas?

I'm getting them all something different. I got the one a winnie the pooh activity thing. I also have a play school flash light for another but want to get something else to go along with it. I bought a rattle for the new baby & not sure what I will get the oldest one. I have lots of ideas for him but not sure what I really want to do. With this little guy I have to be careful cuz I could spend as much on him as I do on my DS.

Comment

I usually get them all something different. This year I am thinking about getting them all monogrammed blankets and pillows to keep at daycare...I know that all of my dck get tons of toys and I think mine just get lost in the thick of it all. I also am considering giving them toys or one big toy to stay at daycare...

Comment

My kids are getting books and homemade goodies ... if I can get around to some baking that is ...

Comment

Hi!
          Thanks for the ideas!! It's great to see what others are all doing. I know a couple of my daycare friends are making a goodie plate for the family and that is all. I know I started doing daycare with $20-$25.00 items for each child, but now as times are tough for everyone- I have resorted to about $10.00 for each. It is expensive enough for your own families for xmas presents!!
          Thanks so much!!
          Happy Holidays to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got $9 gifts Friday after Thanksgiving at Walmart. I bought 2 playdoh kitchen activity sets, 2 littlest pet shops, 2 connect 4 games, 2 duplo 100 piece block sets. All of these were $9 each. Great deals. I too was worried about what I would get, as hubby is laid off and money is scarce.

Comment

I bought these HUGE hooded towels from Kohl's that have an animal face on the hood. The corners even have a little pocket for the kids to up their hands in. They were on sale and I had an additional % off coupon so I only paid $10 (originally they were $30). I try to stay away from toys as much as possible.

Comment

Normally it is a nice pr of pjs, but money was scare this year, they are lucky they are getting anything.

Comment

I totally agree, with the times like they are for everyone!!!!

Comment

I wasn't planning on getting them anything. Is that bad? Now I am feeling like I should since all of you are.

Comment

I used to always get the kids something but this year I am beyond broke. Last year I was a bit discouraged because not one child or parent thanked me. I don't do it for the appreciation, but it really made me think about it. I would be so disappointed in my child if the roles were reversed. We even made gifts for the parents and only one parent thanked me.

Anyways, this year for our party we are doing a craft exchange. We will be drawing names and buying a craft project under $10. I have 12 children so even at $10 each I would need to spend $120 and that is just not feasable this year. I think of what I could buy for my own child.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        I wasn't planning on getting them anything. Is that bad? Now I am feeling like I should since all of you are.
                        In the true sense of Christmas, no, you should not feel bad.

Christmas isn't about gifts.
                        Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

Xmas gifts

For the parents who are paid up to date I bought the girls dolls and the boys trucks.
                          For the parent's who are not paid up to date I got books for the children with their latest statement. .
                          Sorry but I had to do it. I can nto justify the cost when they owe me.

The thing I hate the most is saying you got your kids some exspensive gifts but I can nt because you owe me. I just started responding that is nice. I was going to get my child that but could not because you did nto pay me. But I cut the picture out and am putting it in a card for my child with a note saying "after the court awards me the non-paid childcare charges I will buy it for you.

I had 2 out of 3 families pay up. Of coarse it helped that I posted on the bulitin board the agreement page w the part highlighted statin if I have to take a parent to court for non-payment they have to pay all my court cost & legal fees. Includeing lawyer fees ($250 hr)

3 rd parent made payment but not paid up.
                          wejo928

Comment

While I understand your reasonoing, to some extent, punishing the young children for the actions of their parents just doesn't seem right. The young children have no control over their parents and when they pay you.

Kind of reminds me of our school system when parents don't send in lunch money, you will get a peanut butter sandwich day after day.

Comment

'For the parent's who are not paid up to date I got books for the children with their latest statement. '
                              That statement cracked me up! Without knowing what your policies are or what kind of contract you have I think adding the invoice to thier kids presents will definitely get thier attention. I eliminated late or non payments by making the dcp pay every friday a week in advance of care. The parents know they owe and were probably thinking they could just keep holding you off, but i agree with Mac60, it's unfair to punish the kids because of the parents irresponsibility. I hadnt planned on getting my dck anything for xmas as i was to broke but i was able to do some house cleaning on the side and get some $ for xmas so my kiddos are getting some books, a xmas ornament, some baked goodies and for the parents I am making some really cute picture frames of their kids that i got from another provider on another site. I paid $5 at walmart for the frames and got some scrapbooking paper with a few stickers and the rest of the items needed i already had in my arts and crafts stuff. I do think that i will have at least one parent get something for the daycare, I will be sending out a newsletter stating that due to the children's different schedules I will not be doing a xmas party this year and that if they would like to get something then letting their child pick out an age appropriate toy for the daycare would be cool.
                              Last edited by Michael; 12-10-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X