Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Setup/Activities Today - What Could I Add?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say that you need to find what works best for. You. I have gone through a lot of trial and error. The schedule I have posted here I recenly started and am loving it. I think that different things work with different groups. I really like to let the kids set the tone and then I try to plan around that.
    I can share with you some pages from mgt that I scanned so u can get an idea of how it is....

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
      I think your set up is awesome!!! I adore that wooden marker holder thing. Where'd you get that? I have mine in a big basket and have to throw out dried up markers w/ no tops ALL the time.
      I got it from Discount School Supply and LOVE it!! If I could do it again I would have purchased 2. The kids are great about using one marker at a time and recapping it before getting a new one. WONDERFUL!! And it's only $9...totally worth it!

Holds 16 of your favorite Crayola markers so they will not dry out and caps won't be lost.

• MARKER STAND: This wooden marker stand holds 16 different Crayola markers
      • DON’T WASTE MARKERS: This marker stand will help to keep your favorite Crayola markers safe so that they won't dry out and caps won't be lost
      • CLASSROOM ORGANIZATION: Keep Crayola markers organized with this easy to use market stand
      • AT HOME CRAFT STORAGE: This Crayola marker stand will keep markers organized for at home projects - young artists can easily use and put away their markers in this marker stand
      • CONVENIENT SIZE: This marker stand for Crayola markers measures 10-1/2 inches L x 3-3/4 inches W x 1-3/4 inches H, perfect for storage of 16 different Crayola markers.

Comment

Originally posted by jen2651 View Post
        where did you get your keys and locks? I would love some!
        I bought them from the dollar store, they are the big heavy duty ones. You should see their faces when they discover that they can open a lock.

Comment

I need to buy the marker holder, one for the daycare kids and one for my own kids

Comment

I need the marker holder and some locks and keys.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I just ordered MGT last week because I was so exhausting myself trying to do "My Own Thing". It was costing me more in ink, paper and supplies than what I will be spending ordering MGT. My parents love that I do "Pre-school" with the children. I have been doing this 14 years and the years that I did MGT went alot better than doing my own thing. I love doing my own thing but it was taking me about 2 hours a night to get everything ready plus the cost. We will have lots of free time still and things like that but still have an opportunity to do things.

Your set up looks so fun! How do you get the children to keep everything at the "station"? Mine take things all over the room-its small so maybe thats why. I rotate my toys out though and don't have a ton out anymore so that does make clean up so much easier!
              Each day is a fresh start
              Never look back on regrets
              Live life to the fullest
              We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Mgt??

Sorry but what is MGT???

Comment

Originally posted by Mstein View Post
                  Sorry but what is MGT???
                  Mother Goose Time. It's a pre-packaged curriculum. Love their CDs and a lot of their supplies are fun and colorful I just wasn't a huge fan of the crafts just because I ended up doing most of it for them.

Comment

I don't have any ideas but just wanted to tell you your setup is beaauuuuuuuutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wanted to add, that I switched over about 2 months ago, and its working out pretty good. I find that the kids love the art caddy (the drawer on wheels) I keep it stocked with stuff and they love that they can do art any time they want. I always switch up and find that they love it, like wooden puzzles or I bought these new snap toys from tru. The train table lets them build anything they want, its amazing. I find that I'm not so stressed out doing cirriculum. We are still working on cleaning up the stations but its going.

Comment

oooh ok thanks....has anyone tried funtime express?? i orderred the trial curriculum and my daughter loves it, oh and btw I can't see any pictures???? I would love to though

Comment

Working...
                        X