Finally Saying Good Bye To A Termed Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Saying Good Bye To A Termed Family

The dcf that I termed (see the "Ive had it!" thread here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28958 and "Why is terming so awkward?" thread here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28996) has brought their child all this week and will most likely bring their child up until the term date which is this coming Thursday. What Id like to know is, what do you say on that last day? Do you smile like I want to smile and say "good luck!"? Just hand them their stuff and not look at them?

I know what Im not gonna say:
    It was GREAT working with you!
    Youre gonna be missed!
    If youre in the neighborhood stop by!
    Lets grab lunch one day!

Id really love to say:

Thanks for the headaches and Im thankful I can pass them on to the next unsuspecting sorry sucker.

I have a small Easter basket Ive been putting together for her so Ill send that with them but other then that, I know its going to be an awkward good bye. Not like the last week hasnt been all great either and Ive been acting like I always have been, greeting normal, letting mom know how the day went etc...

Mom did ask me about a 4C certified place and if I thought that would be good. I said "sure". So its nice to know shes looking into care and not hoping Ill change my mind.

For those of you that termed and then had the luxury of having the dck for those next two weeks, how was your last good bye?
    "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

I've only ever had one stay those last two weeks. I just pack up their stuff and wish them the best, close the door and do a little jig

Comment

I usually make a collage of pictures I've taken over the course of their duration. I had that to parents, do a brief exit interview, return all items, tell each of them "goodbye" and tell them "Thanks".

(Thanks is such a great term. Thanks for the headaches, thanks for leaving, thanks for not making this difficult, thanks for not causing a scene, thanks and have a good day, life, etc. Bye bye)::::

Comment

Working...
      X