No announcement yet.

Parents Pulled DCG W/O Warning...Help With Getting Money Owed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You go to the post office to mail a certified letter.

I liked the idea a pp had. that was print out a small claims form and fill it out, send that with a demand for payment letter, and add state court filing fees and xx% interest (interest instead of late fee since you don't have late fee in your contract- YET) if the original balance is not paid by XX date.

In California, use this link for small claims issues, it's a good place to start:

Good luck whatever you dcide to do, and keep us posted!

OH, and he srikes me as a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by missnikki View Post

OH, and he srikes me as a douche.
      :: Bahaha!!::

Comment

I would just send them a certified letter including his bill for the two weeks notice with an end date to when it needs to be paid. Once that has expired go file in it small claims. Just be prepared for a child abuse accusation or licensing visit. That's the thing they CAN do with just "adivising". It's free to call in complaints and the parent who ows money really enjoys that option. If you are licensed you may want to give a heads up to your licensing worker to let them know they owe you money.
        YEPPERS!

Our small claims court will not allow lawyers in the courtroom. You might check that out.
        In our state attorneys can't do small claims but at the hearing defendant can waive the right to the small claims trial and ask for a judge to hear the case. Happened to me. She paid WAY more for the attorney than if she had just paid me in the first place. Even better than winning the judgment was the sick green look on her face when the hammer went down.::
        I see little people.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice, sympathy, and commiseration. This is one of the reasons I love this forum! Support is a wonderful thing.

After having taken yesterday afternoon/evening to process things, I'll be spending this afternoon and evening getting the letter and paperwork, etc, drawn up. Tomorrow I'll be mailing the letter.

I really hope he just pays me the damn $240. It would make life SO much simpler.

At least when I look at things more-or-less objectively I can appreciate having had this family as clients...they taught (are still teaching) me a lot.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I think you are supposed to be afraid of the word "lawyer."

Wooooooooh...scary, scary...

Send him this:

Dear DCD,

Congratulations on your wife's new job! Stay at home Mom! That's awesome. I truly counldn't be happier for your family.

However, as discussed and per my contract, two weeks notice is required and payment is due in the amount of __________. I recognize that you would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with your attorney; I have attached an extra copy of our signed agreement for his review.

In order to allow time for your attorney to advise you, I will refrain from initiating court proceedings until (this date).

Thank you for abiding by the terms of your contract. I appreciate your professionalism in this matter.

Sincerely,

Comment

yeah and put a notation on the bottom that cc's a copy to your own lawyer

Comment

The above two posts are pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  I think you are supposed to be afraid of the word "lawyer."

Wooooooooh...scary, scary...

Send him this:

Dear DCD,

Congratulations on your wife's new job! Stay at home Mom! That's awesome. I truly counldn't be happier for your family.

However, as discussed and per my contract, two weeks notice is required and payment is due in the amount of __________. I recognize that you would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with your attorney; I have attached an extra copy of our signed agreement for his review.

In order to allow time for your attorney to advise you, I will refrain from initiating court proceedings until (this date).

Thank you for abiding by the terms of your contract. I appreciate your professionalism in this matter.

Sincerely,

You should write term letters for a living. ::
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Thanks! I like it so much, that's one job I'd do for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X