Popping Popcorn And Our New Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping Popcorn And Our New Kitchen

the other day one of my kiddos asked for more batteries so they could pop popcorn in our little tykes kitchen. (the button makes the sound) so i said, "well why dont you just pretend and use you voice to make the popping sound." a lightbulb went off over her head, like "wow, i didnt think of that!" it prompted ME to think about the lack of imagination in todays battery operated toys. so i went to home depot and bought some cheap wood, and built my own yesterday. it isnt perfect, but i'm hoping it will stimulate their imaginations a little more....

[ATTACH]421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]422[/ATTACH]

Comment

That is so cute! Did you built the entire thing? What a great idea to use handles for the knobs.

Comment

yeah. i built the whole thing. its not square, or plumb, or whatever you call it. its sooo not perfect...

the "faucet" is a jump rope handle, i think.. the stove knobs are wheels off of a wood train that was broken. the sink is a wood candle holder, and the burners are cork coasters that you put under houseplants. talk about recycling!!!!

Comment

And you wanted to spark creativity in the children. Good job!

Comment

Wow that looks GREAT!

Comment

I think that's amazing!!! I am very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by momatheart View Post
                And you wanted to spark creativity in the children. Good job!
                What I meant here was you sparked creativity in yourself as well.

Comment

Wow that's a great job!! Want to make 1 for me?

Comment

Originally posted by momatheart View Post
                    What I meant here was you sparked creativity in yourself as well.
                    i figured thats what you meant you know, growing up, my mother refused to spend the money on a plastic kitchen for me. she had me turn my hamper on its side (so the top would make an oven door) and i put construction paper circles for burners and a bowl as a sink. now that i look back, i believe its her cheapness, (err, frugalness) that made me the creative artsy person i am today.

Originally posted by Tygerluv View Post
                    Wow that's a great job!! Want to make 1 for me?
                    it seriuosly took me less then an hour!!! i had the guy at home depot make all the cuts for me, so i literally came home and nailed it all together. the boards weren't all even, so there are some gaps, and one of the boards was seriously warped, but i guess thats what will give it character.

Comment

Wow, that is very nice. It will long outlast a plastic one. Great creativity complete with storage.

Comment

wow! That's snazzy! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                        X