When DCK Show Up In Pajamas...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When DCK Show Up In Pajamas...?

Several times over the years of doing daycare I have had kids show up in the morning in their jammies. 2yo dcb has been doing it quite often lately. I haven't been changing him and send him home just as he came. Now though I'm thinking that the mom thinks it's fine for him to be in his pjs for daycare. So maybe I should start making him get dressed when he gets here.

What do you do when kids show up in pjs?

I personally don't care what they wear. As long as they are covered. I don't change them.

Comment

I have kids who just like their jammies. It's not that mom or dad didn't feel like changing them, it's that the kids really love those Thomas the train Jammies.

One kid came over in soft Christmas striped long Johns, and I was jealous. I'd wear those!

If they bring clothes, I will ask later in the day if they want to change into shorts or a t-shirt. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. As long as Mom and Dad don't mind them wearing their PJs as play clothes, I don't mind either.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
        I personally don't care what they wear. As long as they are covered. I don't change them.
        Yeah I don't mind too much I guess. If she doesn't mind her kid being out in public in his pjs I guess that's fine. If we were going somewhere other than the park or just out in the yard to play I would probably dress him though.

Comment

I would not dress them or offer to do so. I would return the child to the parents as they were brought into me. (Minus the doughnut they let them eat on the way in, :

Comment

I don't care. As long as they are CLEAN and have a fresh diaper, I don't mind at all. I'd take that over the kids who show up with full diapers and food all over them any day.

All my dc kids show up in jammies on rainy/snowy days bc they know we aren't going outside. When the weather is nice they come dressed for outdoor play bc I require parents to put sunblock and bug spray on kids before they arrive.

Comment

I have this in my contract, every child, must be changed, properly clothed, before coming to daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by JenNJ View Post
                I don't care. As long as they are CLEAN and have a fresh diaper, I don't mind at all. I'd take that over the kids who show up with full diapers and food all over them any day.

All my dc kids show up in jammies on rainy/snowy days bc they know we aren't going outside. When the weather is nice they come dressed for outdoor play bc I require parents to put sunblock and bug spray on kids before they arrive.
                I require this as well. I require sublock be placed on child before coming to daycare.

Comment

I love jammies.

I have two in "melmo" and one in "sponge" today. One came with sports footed jammies over his clothes. They can wear them whenever they want.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

first, do we have the same kid. Well, this kid is 3.5yrs old and gets dropped off in jammies. It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't do library or go outside. I don't have time to dress children in the morning. So now I hand the dcb his clothes and let him dress himself. I don't care how it looks, but its not my responsiblity to dress children in the morning. Oh I love the excuse, "they didn't feel like getting dressed" well lets see how well it works when he goes to school in september.

Comment

I have one in a tutu and a pair of princess jammies...

Comment

I have told my dc parents before that it's fine, if they want to grab the kids run out the door in the morning instead of being late it's fine! after breakfast they will be changed into their clothes.

I don't see the big deal? When you have babies/toddlers being woken up extra early, and mom is trying to get ready for work, etc, it's not easy to get out the door somedays.

ME...I wake up, put on sweats, open my door for dcm's and I don't get dressed until after breakfast. I HATE wearing jeans or dress clothes first thing in the morning. UGh! When I can, I stay in jammies until 3pm

I feel bad for the little babies who have to have uncomfortable clothes thrown on at 530, 6am and wear them all day. NOT COMFY

Comment

I have in my contract that kids can come in their jammies and I will change them later in the morning. (Sometimes on cold winter days, I let them stay in their jammies) It makes life a lot easier for the moms to just put clothes in a bag and not try and dress a cranky 1 year old at 6AM! However, I am completely anal about them coming in a clean diaper. NO overnight diapers! If they break that rule, they have to get the child completely ready in the morning themselves from then on..

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
                            I have told my dc parents before that it's fine, if they want to grab the kids run out the door in the morning instead of being late it's fine! after breakfast they will be changed into their clothes.

I don't see the big deal? When you have babies/toddlers being woken up extra early, and mom is trying to get ready for work, etc, it's not easy to get out the door somedays.

ME...I wake up, put on sweats, open my door for dcm's and I don't get dressed until after breakfast. I HATE wearing jeans or dress clothes first thing in the morning. UGh! When I can, I stay in jammies until 3pm

I feel bad for the little babies who have to have uncomfortable clothes thrown on at 530, 6am and wear them all day. NOT COMFY
                            I don't care if they wear jammies but I don't dress kids or pass clothes back and forth. That would get expensive at the end of the week.

I want them to have time in the morning with their parents. My kids eat breakfast with their parents.

People who are on the day shift or early morning shift have the same number of hours in a day that everyone else does. I don't think the time the kid comes in has anything to do with getting up and spending some time with your child in the morning.

One of my kids comes at six fifteen every morning and she gets up and eats breakfast every day. Her Mom gets her up early and when she gets here she goes back to bed to finish her night. No big deal. They just go to bed a little earlier the nights before the early shift.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Never an issue for me. I even told them if they are running late and don't have time to change them just bring them and I will change them later. I have the best parents around. They hardly ever do it and when they do their diaper is always changed before they come.
                              I you think my hands are full you should see my heart!

Comment

Working...
                              X