Self-Declaration Providers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Declaration Providers....

Is anyone else a self-declaration provider? I did my fingerprinting today and I'm shocked at the technology! LOL, I was expecting ink and paper and this was electronic and I got to watch it on the screen. Anyways, little things entertain me!

Here we just need to pay $15, get fingerprinted, and show our cpr/first aid certifications. We need to do this annually in order to be self-declared providers. We can have up to five children with no more than three being under 24 months. This is also a step towards licensing for me. Just wondering how many people out there are self declared providers and what you had to do to become one. Thanks

Since this is annually and I can't start inhome care in my current apt I'll just wait to send in my things to avoid excess fees each year. I'm glad the fingerprinting is done because it could take up to three months to get results.

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
    Is anyone else a self-declaration provider? I did my fingerprinting today and I'm shocked at the technology! LOL, I was expecting ink and paper and this was electronic and I got to watch it on the screen. Anyways, little things entertain me!

Here we just need to pay $15, get fingerprinted, and show our cpr/first aid certifications. We need to do this annually in order to be self-declared providers. We can have up to five children with no more than three being under 24 months. This is also a step towards licensing for me. Just wondering how many people out there are self declared providers and what you had to do to become one. Thanks

Since this is annually and I can't start inhome care in my current apt I'll just wait to send in my things to avoid excess fees each year. I'm glad the fingerprinting is done because it could take up to three months to get results.
    I just re uped my RN license and it took ONE day for them to do fingerprinting, child abuse registry, and criminal check. They issued my license less than 24 hours of receiving my application.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I was self-declared the first few months after I opened my daycare while I waited for the licensing process. That was 6 years ago and there wasn't fingerprinting required and you had a year to get your cpr and first aid. I'm glad they changed it to make it more difficult here but it's really not all that hard to get self certified. The only real advantage to doing all that paperwork is to be able to accept state childcare assistance. You can care for up to 5 children without having to be self-certified or licensed in ND. You also don't have to be self-certified in order to get licensed. It's just another option so you can be minimally overseen by the state and to get assisance payments. Oh, and you can get food program if you are self-certified but not if you aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by heyhun77 View Post
        I was self-declared the first few months after I opened my daycare while I waited for the licensing process. That was 6 years ago and there wasn't fingerprinting required and you had a year to get your cpr and first aid. I'm glad they changed it to make it more difficult here but it's really not all that hard to get self certified. The only real advantage to doing all that paperwork is to be able to accept state childcare assistance. You can care for up to 5 children without having to be self-certified or licensed in ND. You also don't have to be self-certified in order to get licensed. It's just another option so you can be minimally overseen by the state and to get assisance payments. Oh, and you can get food program if you are self-certified but not if you aren't.
        So technically I pay the $15 since I've got my CPR/First Aid/fingerprinting complete and get the perks of joining the food program for reimbursement of meals and snacks and can provide care to those on state assistance? I thought this was just a step towards licensing, . I guess it kind of is since I can learn about the food program and learn how to fill out the state assistance forms. Don't I need to apply for an EIN for accept state assistance?

I'm also guessing that Self-Declaration means registered provider?

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
          So technically I pay the $15 since I've got my CPR/First Aid/fingerprinting complete and get the perks of joining the food program for reimbursement of meals and snacks and can provide care to those on state assistance? I thought this was just a step towards licensing, . I guess it kind of is since I can learn about the food program and learn how to fill out the state assistance forms. Don't I need to apply for an EIN for accept state assistance?

I'm also guessing that Self-Declaration means registered provider?
          Self-declaration = registered provider here in ND. You're right, it would be an easier way to get used to the food program and assistance. You don't have to have an EIN to do assistance but I would have an EIN no matter what so you aren't giving your SSN out for anything. EIN is free from the IRS and you can apply online.

Comment

Working...
          X