Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Respond To Parent Who's Child Has Had Croup And Was Send Home Today W/Fever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pm'd you my sick policy if you'd like to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by JenNJ View Post
      She won't pull him bc she can't get away with that behavior anywhere else. She will not be able to find a good, clean place tat cares for sick kids.
      I don't know. Maybe not because school only has a couple more months.

There are parents looking SPECIFICALLY for a new provider... sahm with their kid... and them be the only family. They like the idea of being the only one. They like the fact the provider is new, cheap, and doesn't have rules. They want the deal where they are the only income source because with that comes the flexibility to do pretty much whatever they want.

As far as having a provider who does what they are told and gives your kid a ton of attention... there's rarely a better deal than a freshly starting out SAHM with one kid to care for of her own.

Very high in demand provider...

So...... once that provider makes ONE kid income then they realize... "hey... I'm already doing this anyway... might as well take another. Then when they are settled with that they want another. Pretty soon you have a babysitter who has a GROUP of kids and your special gig is up.

Best move is to find another newbie.

It's the hottest ticket in the babysitter biz.

Believe it. You just got to get into the window of newbieness.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Mother View Post
        Ok, I am wimpy...here is my response...

Of course your upset...you've had a really bad 3-4 months and if it makes you feel better to lash out on me I am ok with that. I have always been here for you guys,...for whatever needs you have. I really do try to think of everyone needs and put mine and my families last. But, this week has been rough on everyone including William. William is just slowly getting better and although I love having him here I do have to draw the line when there is a temp. of anything over 100.0 which is a my guidelines for fever exclusion in my care. I have a call into Dr. Werther as well although I am not sure he can discuss William with out your consent so I will just ask for his advise although if you want to write a medical release that I can have so that if anything happens or he is ill here I can call you and also talk with him directly on whether he can be in my care. But, it is really my call and not a doctors on whether I feel he should be here. It is my butt on the line if one of the children gets extremely sick bc I allowed a child to be here knowingly sick. I just can't do that Erin, I have to be able to make sure all my parents feel safe bring there kids here and if I allow William to be here while he has a temp. it isn't safe. Put your self in there shoes. If I allowed children running temps. to be here all the time how would that make you feel? Your little guys is important to me but so are the others. William is pron to get sick faster then all the rest and I try EXTREMELY hard to make sure he doesn't get sick...but it happens. I don't allow kids here if they are running a temp. not anyone...not even William. It goes for everyone in my care. So, to your questions is this going to continue to happen. Yes, bc I have a responsibility to these children and parents to provide healthy and safe care and I would not be upholding that by allowing children in my home that are sick/running a temp. So, here's the thing. If William is running a temp. of 100 or greater he will need to be picked up from my care. That goes for anyone in my care. I can make a letter and print it up for everyone to sign so we are all in agreement or I can just take a verbal on here you understand and are ok with that. If not then I would understand if you want to find a diff. daycare for William.
        Not wimpy

It's too wordy but you know your communication style with them.

Insist on the med release if he stays.

Comment

I will def. be doing that as well as a release to give him his breathing mach. or any med. they want me to get. I am still new at this and should of made my polices right away. I will be doing that this weekend. She will be the one who is prob. going to be the most up set. Anyone have a form on hand for either of these I can print up?

Comment

True Nan.

But honestly, I would consider letting them go just for taking that tone with me in an email. The email Erin wrote to CM is really disrespectful and condescending.

Comment

Originally posted by JenNJ View Post
              True Nan.

But honestly, I would consider letting them go just for taking that tone with me in an email. The email Erin wrote to CM is really disrespectful and condescending.
              Oh I would too. Homey don't play that... but... OP has her own style and is in the front end of the learning curve on how to manage multiple parents from different families. The only way to really GET that you have to have rules in place is to pay the price for not having them. We can advise all day long but SHE has to go thru the consequences of her decisions in order to really GET how important it is to be firm.

The parent may be specifically looking for someone who does as they are told. Once the provider starts saying NO to that then the parent may just leave to find someone else who is new and will allow the parent to do as she pleases. There is a lot of value to that to some parents.... even if it means the child has mulitple caregivers in a short amount of time.

It almost ALWAYS comes down to money. Now and then it's the conflict the provider is trying to avoid but most of the time the money loss from the conflict is the number one reason the provider just does as the parent wants. Until the money part of this equation is reconciled the provider just seeks a way to get the parent to just agree to what they want them to do or be. It's incredibly difficult to get the parent to agree with just words especially when you are in the midst of giving them a no.

Comment

True True...for me my husband supports us and I can't have anymore children so the though of another baby in the home sounded great not to mention I was getting paid to watch him. This family is super awesome and this has been the first time in almost 2 yr I've had words with her. But, in the interview I told her I was stricked...stricked with my rules and and the way I run my daycare. But, since being on here...I am totally not running it right. I just need to establish a back bone which i have started doing and I am really pleased with my results. I have had to put stick rules in the past couple months on a number of things bc I haven't put things in writing. So I am totally going to nip that in the budd. I have no problem telling my parents what I can and will not do. And since this is my home..it's my rules. I no longer am a Nanny so.... I try to be fair and look at all the facts...to be the bigger person also in this situation...she is younger than I. And I feel that I need to set the standards for childcare. I am sure she is looking into other care bc there are quite a bit out there that can cater to her. But I feel that want happens happens. I wouldn't be losing much money she is a teacher and has the breaks and what not off although I still manage to have him for part of the breaks?!! He's been sick for quite some time now and I was tired of having him with a fever...if it was a 100 I wouldn't have called but since it kept creeping up 100.5...I did. Also, she does speech therapy for my daughter once a wk so I am making $85 a wk. This week $15 since she pays me in advance for care. I owe her for today. He's only been in care Wend. and Thrus. I still plan on dropping of a bday gift to her son at his bday party on sund. and also giving her $25 back but I won't apologize for having him picked up. I did speak to our doc. since we have the same one. He said that kids shouldn't be excluded from care bc of there cough. I told him he was asked to be picked up bc he was running a temp of 100.5 which was gradually going up. That I had to exclude him from play again bc he was coughing so hard it was making him gag. It had to find a way to get him relaxed and I had to make that call bc I have other kids in my care that need me as well. He said that he normally tells parents in daycare that 101 or higher sound result in a call home nothing lower then that but it should be my call as I have other children. And if he is not able to play as he normally could then that would be my call. He said he could fax something to me so that if he needs to send over a release to return to care he could do that but I said I need to get her to respond to me first as she hasn't returned my last email. She may not want to even deal with it at this point. But, I am not going to loss sleep over it.

Comment

How old is this child?

Comment

He will be 2 on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                    X