11.5 Hours A Day In Daycare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What if its a single mother? How sympathetic can you be? Maybe shes working 2 jobs? Maybe they are widowed. Some of you all need to stop being so damn judgemental.
    Oh, the irony.

::

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
      Oh, the irony.

::

I know right?!

Maybe they are an award winning astronaut who has gone on a mars mission for 3 months and has no one to care for her kids. Where is the compassion?? :::: Don’t you know it is my responsibility to care for that child, a complete stranger who happens to run a childcare business?

It is kind of like when my dentist took time off for Christmas and I got a tooth infection. How dare him tell me he was unavailable to see me. Where is his compassion?

Some people have no clue what compassion ACTUALLY means. Compassion does not mean I owe you.

Want to know if someone is a narcissist? It is pretty simple, set a boundary and say NO. Their reaction is very telling. I see a lot of narcs in this thread citing compassion as the reason to walk all over providers.

Comment

What if its a single mother? How sympathetic can you be? Maybe shes working 2 jobs? Maybe they are widowed. Some of you all need to stop being so damn judgemental.
        Maybe she was the victim of a rape that produced that child and then she went on to college to get her life together and now she is an award winning journalist who has to go to Afghanistan for 2 months to cover the war.....YADDA YADDA YADDA.

Or maybe she is not. Maybe she is a mooch who doesn’t want to be a parent

Comment

• Sorry I am loving coming up with the fake scenarios in my head for a laugh ::::

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariana View Post
            Sorry I am loving coming up with the fake scenarios in my head for a laugh ::::
            Understood. I was verbally assaulted by a dependapotamus just this morning for suggesting that maybe her "sitter" with two degrees doesn't like being called that and would like to spend some time with her own children while school is out for Christmas break. That she may value the time with her kids more than what DPPS was willing to pay to get away from hers.

'Tis the season.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
              Understood. I was verbally assaulted by a dependapotamus just this morning for suggesting that maybe her "sitter" with two degrees doesn't like being called that and would like to spend some time with her own children while school is out for Christmas break. That she may value the time with her kids more than what DPPS was willing to pay to get away from hers.

'Tis the season.
              Oh goodness Entitled doesn’t even come close to describing this mentality.

Sending you lots of holiday cheer (and spiked eggnog) to get you through :hug:

Comment

• Open from 7:30-12am

I am a licensed childcare home, I let parent's know yes I can choose to operate within these hours but it does not mean your child can be in care for that amount of time, I have the hours set like this because I do live by several of companies that are open later, 1st shift, second shift and third shift meaning they can choose the time; example 2pm-10pm 30 min total travel time because the jobs are less than 10 mins from me, where as someone who is looking for 7:30-5:30 and work down town they will have 8 hours of care plus and hour travel time 30 mins there and 30 mins back giving them 10 hours of care. I also offer extend care and week-end care.

Comment

• Wow.

Most of you are terrible people and shouldn't be allowed to help raise anyone's children.

Comment

Wow.

Most of you are terrible people and shouldn't be allowed to help raise anyone's children.
                    Work in childcare for a while, then come back. Not everyone who gives birth is a good person.

This is our watercooler. We do what is right for the children in our care and we vent to one another about the BS we put up with from parents as stress relief so we don't take that frustration home to our families. We are human, just like you.
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                      Work in childcare for a while, then come back. Not everyone who gives birth is a good person.

This is our watercooler. We do what is right for the children in our care and we vent to one another about the BS we put up with from parents as stress relief so we don't take that frustration home to our families. We are human, just like you.
                      And why are we bad people for not wanting to care for a child for 11.5 hours a day??? Parents always start telling us how awful we are when we don't want to do THEIR job. Hmmm...

Comment

Wow.

Good! I don’t want to raise any one else’s child.

I want to provide quality care for them while their parent is working.

Raising them is not in MY job description.

Comment

• I know in centers in WI theres a 10 hr limit. Like we had to get a variance for any child who needed longer care (like the childs whos mom worked 10 hrs, and had a half hr commute each way)

Comment

Wow.

Welp, you caught me.
                            Here I was trying to raise the whole neighborhood with my wacky ways.

I'll go back to hiding in my hole. My bad.

Comment

• I once had a young lady reach out to me when I first opened. She asked my hours, at the time they were 6-6. She said she would need care from 6-6 three days a week and asked for a discount. I said “you pay for the spot.” The woman said “okay, I’ll bring child while I go to the gym on my days off and do errands,” which we all know is code for, you’ll have my child 12 hours a day, 5 days/week. I finally told the young lady I wasn’t interested.

Taking care of one child all day is exhausting, I wish parents could imagine taking care of 4-8 or even more! Unless there is a family emergency, I absolutely will not keep a child from open to close. My hours are now 7-5:30 and because of this forum, I’ve debated on changing rates based on pick up times in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X