No announcement yet.

Ringing The Doorbell..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you sure the dad is standing right there while the child is ringing the bell? if i had to guess, i would think the child takes off running once he's out of the car and rings the bell. my son used to do that at a daycare center. it was never a big deal if he ran ahead of me to the door bc it was only a few feet away and he couldn't reach the bell...but then he grew. maybe this is the pattern this dck has gotten into since before he could hit the bell. so now the dad would need to have everything in order before letting dck out of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by QualiTcare View Post
      are you sure the dad is standing right there while the child is ringing the bell? if i had to guess, i would think the child takes off running once he's out of the car and rings the bell. my son used to do that at a daycare center. it was never a big deal if he ran ahead of me to the door bc it was only a few feet away and he couldn't reach the bell...but then he grew. maybe this is the pattern this dck has gotten into since before he could hit the bell. so now the dad would need to have everything in order before letting dck out of the car.
      Yes
      this is why the technique includes the child walking BEHIND him to the door or if he's a runner... alongside of him with holding the child's hand... and then stepping ahead of the child on the step to block the button.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by QualiTcare View Post
        It has happened both ways, parents right there and not...the same child also runs through our landscaping, which my husband has told them on several occassions NOT to allow. It is clear that this child should walk WITH the parent or BEHIND the parent. If he isn't old enough to refrain from unacceptable behaviors, then he should be allowed to run to the door on his own.

We have 8 daycare kids and this in the ONLY daycare child that has ever had this problem on a long term basis. In every other circumstance, we have asked the parent not to allow specific behaviors and they have complied. I don't think this parent is trying to be disrespectful, I think that they are completely overwhelmed with the activity level of this particular child.

PS: I shouldn't have ONLY blamed Dad, Mom does it too. It's just that Dad looks more befuddled by the whole thing! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          It has happened both ways, parents right there and not...the same child also runs through our landscaping, which my husband has told them on several occassions NOT to allow. It is clear that this child should walk WITH the parent or BEHIND the parent. If he isn't old enough to refrain from unacceptable behaviors, then he should be allowed to run to the door on his own.

We have 8 daycare kids and this in the ONLY daycare child that has ever had this problem on a long term basis. In every other circumstance, we have asked the parent not to allow specific behaviors and they have complied. I don't think this parent is trying to be disrespectful, I think that they are completely overwhelmed with the activity level of this particular child.

PS: I shouldn't have ONLY blamed Dad, Mom does it too. It's just that Dad looks more befuddled by the whole thing! LOL!
          If they are overwhelmed by his energy/behavior, whatever, then they need to either be holding his hand all the way to your door or carrying him.

I'm just so confused, trying to picture why in the world this kid runs through your landscaping and rings your doorbell when you've asked the parents to not let this happen. Do they just stand there and let little jr run wild? Do they not understand that they are the parents and can (and should!!) take control of the situation? Holding his hand, carrying him, telling him NO are just a few things that come to my mind. Very confused as to why they are not capable of doing any of those things to control their child. :confused:

Comment

Working...
          X