Toys From Home In The Daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys From Home In The Daycare

I logged out, just in case. Do you allow children to bring toys from home to daycare. I have a rule that they cannot bring toys. I have relaxed it a bit lately and allow them to have their comfort toys--well I have one little boy who now has like 3 or 4 'comfort' items--he's 3 He will not share or let anyone else even near them. Now this morning he wants to have a dinky car here and is throwing a HUGE fit because I won't allow him to have it...Happy MONDAY MORNING! This is also super annoying because he stashes them places and then I end up hunting around for them at home time. So, do you let kids bring in their own toys to daycare? Would it be completely mean to not let him have them now? I don't want to confuse the poor kid either...Stupid me for not sticking to my guns, but I don't really care if they each have one comfort item such as their blankie, but this is a bit excessive...What policies do you have around it? Thanks!

No toys from home. If it comes in, then it either leaves with the parent who dropped off, or it gets put on their locker shelf til pick up. I agree with you...a blanket or nuk is one thing, but toys are another. A long time ago, I let a dcb bring a stuffed animal. He really didn't need it, but it was easier for dad to get him out of the house in the morning. It became in issue b/c I didn't put my foot down right away. Yeah, dcb was mad at first when I started sending it back with dad, but it stopped pretty quickly. Put your foot down about toys from home, you'll be happier in the end.

Comment

Blankets and nuks (under 12 months) used for naptime ONLY are fine to bring. Anything else "Hotel California".......They can check in but they can never leave.

Toys from home are too much hassle and I supply a large quantity of age appropriate toys so I honestly do NOT need anyone to help me out in that department.

Comment

Comfort items; usually are left here for naptime ONLY but one boy is crazy attached to his blanket and carries it around all day. Occasionally kiddos show up having had a hard morning for one reason or another and are carrying a stuffed animal or blanket (when they don't usually) or something, and I allow those on the grounds that everyone has an off day sometimes. Usually these get dropped quickly and I put it up by the front door and it goes home at the end of the day, not to reappear for several weeks/months.

The few actual toys that have tried to come (usually fairly small, hard to find, easy to blend in with our own stuff) get handed right back at the door.
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

My kids can bring whatever they want, but as far as I'm concerned, it may never go back home! If the item from home is causing problems, then I take them away. If it is not causing problems, it blends in with the crowd pretty quickly. I don't have time to keep an eye on toys in addition to children

I do have one dcg (and one of my own kids too) who have their very special lovies. My son's obviously lives here, but it stays in his bed during daycare. Dcg has a duplicate one that lives in her pnp. I feel totally different about need them to sleep lovies than the random toy I brought from home. Still wouldn't let them carry them around the house though!

Comment

Comfort items only here and they are ONLY for naptime. They stay in the cubby the rest of the time. Any toy that comes from home is either handed back to the parent or put in the cubby for pick up time.

Comment

I don't allow toys from home.

Only the older kids get lovies as I don't allow anything in the bed for the under two crowd.

I provide everything they need here so no need to have anything from home but spare clothes.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

No toys from home. Comfort items come out at rest time only. Toys that get brought in get put away until the parent picks up.

Comment

No toys from home. If they bring them, they sit in my foyer all day long and I hand them back at pickup. Books can be brought in to be shared during circle/story time. Lovies are ONLY for nap. In the crib at nap, back in the bag afterwards.

Comment

toys in daycare

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    I logged out, just in case. Do you allow children to bring toys from home to daycare. I have a rule that they cannot bring toys. I have relaxed it a bit lately and allow them to have their comfort toys--well I have one little boy who now has like 3 or 4 'comfort' items--he's 3 He will not share or let anyone else even near them. Now this morning he wants to have a dinky car here and is throwing a HUGE fit because I won't allow him to have it...Happy MONDAY MORNING! This is also super annoying because he stashes them places and then I end up hunting around for them at home time. So, do you let kids bring in their own toys to daycare? Would it be completely mean to not let him have them now? I don't want to confuse the poor kid either...Stupid me for not sticking to my guns, but I don't really care if they each have one comfort item such as their blankie, but this is a bit excessive...What policies do you have around it? Thanks!
                    i dont allow toys in daycare because it causes to many problems all day if the parent let them walk in with them i give back to parents or put it in there bags i only allow blankets

Comment

I allow toys from home. if they share them, they can have them out. if not, then i place it in their bag til they have rest time or go home (depending on the toy). if it's make-up or a gtoy unsuitable for dc, then i just put it in their bag--i explain to parent/child as well.

Comment

No toys from home. Naptime lovey only.

Comment

I let my crew bring in toys but with the following rule, "If you bring a toy you must take turns with your friends. If you don't share the toy goes away and you can have it back when Mommy and Daddy arrives" They rarely fight with this rule and the odd time I do take a toy away they know they should have shared.

Comment

Nope. I do allow them to bring a book to share for story time, but I hold it until it's time to read. I don't want to be responsible for a torn library book.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
                              I let my crew bring in toys but with the following rule, "If you bring a toy you must take turns with your friends. If you don't share the toy goes away and you can have it back when Mommy and Daddy arrives" They rarely fight with this rule and the odd time I do take a toy away they know they should have shared.
                              See, I tried this...once... with a 4 y/o. He brought his toy in and I told him that I would allow it but he needed to share it with his friends or it went in his cubby. He agreed. He sat and played with it for about 10 minutes and when he was done and someone asked for a turn his response was "I don't want to share it so I'll put it in my cubby." That was the end of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X